Progression shout-out thread.

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
I noticed while reading this forum that a lot of people are working on their licenses, ratings and standings, so I figured it might be a nice idea to have this one thread where you can shout out your latest marks, achievements and memorable moments.

So, let flow the "Yay, I got my D-license!"-'s, "Yeah, 2000 iRating!"-'s and "Whoohooo, my first victory!"-'s. ;)

After completing the last race of season for me in the Corvette at Road Atlanta I sit currently 1st in division 4 with about a 100 point lead. The 2nd and 3rd place drives need to score about 170-160 to catch me so hopefully that doesn't happen :). If all goes well this will be the first series that I have won. I have only participated in 3 series total so I am pretty excited about it!

Good job dude, I need to start completing every race in a season. Need to buy a couple more tracks first :D

yep, I own about half the road tracks and will be able to do 9 out of 12 races in the two series I concentrate on next season, so no need to buy them all. Season 3 schedule can be found here: http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/2018209.page

at my end of the spectrum (division 8) it was enough to just show up for more than 4 events and bring it back home in one piece to win two series in season 2, lol. Feels nice, since I never win anything in sim-racing, so thx iRacing for splitting the field in so many divisions :)

Congrats on your potential series win Greg:thumbsup:

dont think ill ever be near one of those, this last season has been my first full season in iracing and absolutely loved it though somehow i was put in division 3 :confused: and am only 63rd in the Skippy and 57th in the SM.
does anybody know how they work out what division you get put in? and is it possible to get promoted or relegated? and if so under what circumstances?

I'm not sure where the exact thresholds lie. I know you need to be around 3500 iRating to get to Division 1. The threshold for Division three lies in the vicinity of 2000-2300 iRating roughly.

As far as I've experienced you are put in a division in week 1 based on your iRating and at the end of that week you can still get promoted or demoted. Usually there are no movements after that until the end of the season.

Ok that clears some stuff up. I was wandering how they figured out the divisions. Nice div win too!

Gonna throw myself at the skippy this season. Loved the 3 races I did last season once I got out of rookies. Also gonna do the impala ss 09 in class d oval.

Had a nice climax to my season last night night with a win in the skippy.

was settling for 3rd when the 2nd place driver made a mistake and spun off the track. then on the last lap the 1st place driver also spun out and almost gave me a heart attack as i came round the corner to find him in the middle of the track at a crawl, managed to avoid him and drive it home safly for the last few corners and record my 3rd skippy win
roll on next season

Right on Kevin... I think Yoeri is correct or there abouts anyway... lol... I tried to figure a few things out in iRacing and finally just gave it up... hahaha... Such as, I went from Div 3 or 4 to Div 1 and took a big what the?!?! moment... I did not get a chance to race at all for about half of the last season and I'm now in Div 2... lol...

**edit** forgot to add this was all in the Vettes...

Yesterday I won my first Trucks race of the season at Talladega :D
I had a great car and could push everybody to the front. I was at the right place at the right time. This way I could win the race thanks to a great pusher.
Results

Trucks-Talladega.jpg

Start of Season 4 and up to a C class road :D. I Think ill be sticking with racing in the D class series I did last season for this one tbh. But trying to decide what C class series (or possibly even B by then) I want to move up to for 2013 S1. I really love watching the v8 supercars series so keep getting tempted to go down that route but ive always enjoyed racing open wheelers th emost so i guess it will probably end up being star mazda :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back