Problems to create new liveries

Hi all, yesterday I tried to create new livery mods on ACC. It's been a couple of months since I created any... I did as usual but there's no way to upload the new liveries! On ACC I create for example a new Ferrari 296, called AAA. I save the file and in the .../custom/cars folder I have the file that I rename in AAA.json. With Mudbox I create the usual decals.png and sponsor.png files which I save in the .../custom/liveries/AAA folder together with the decals.json and sponsor.json files. But on ACC this livery is already gone (it seems to disappear when I rename the json file giving it the name of the created livery...). In addition, I attach the screenshot of how the json files now appear, i.e. no longer written correctly, but with each term and word with 1 space between each letter: why?!?! Is there anything to fix? This occurs by opening the file with Notepad and Word

Attachments

• 0-230816-091128.json - Blocco note 16_08_2023 09_11_56.png
    0-230816-091128.json - Blocco note 16_08_2023 09_11_56.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 106
Hi all, yesterday I tried to create new livery mods on ACC. It's been a couple of months since I created any... I did as usual but there's no way to upload the new liveries! On ACC I create for example a new Ferrari 296, called AAA. I save the file and in the .../custom/cars folder I have the file that I rename in AAA.json. With Mudbox I create the usual decals.png and sponsor.png files which I save in the .../custom/liveries/AAA folder together with the decals.json and sponsor.json files. But on ACC this livery is already gone (it seems to disappear when I rename the json file giving it the name of the created livery...). In addition, I attach the screenshot of how the json files now appear, i.e. no longer written correctly, but with each term and word with 1 space between each letter: why?!?! Is there anything to fix? This occurs by opening the file with Notepad and Word
That doesn't look like a properly structured json file, never use Word to edit files like Json since Word changes the internal file structure.
I use https://code.visualstudio.com/Download to edit Json files, Use it with the Json extension.
1692203224433.png

Aside from this, if you want to browse, import and export your custom liveries that you've created.. Try Race Element, it's free :) https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/race-element.50578/
1692203374621.png

Last edited:
i created 50 or more liveries. Never problems!!! since yesterday i can't create and upload everyone... I have also a video where i show what happen:

Ah... I tried with Visual Studio to open json file... It is the same like with Notepad...

Attachments

• 720JB01.json - Visual Studio Code 16_08_2023 19_21_17.png
    720JB01.json - Visual Studio Code 16_08_2023 19_21_17.png
    62.3 KB · Views: 66
Ah... I tried with Visual Studio to open json file... It is the same like with Notepad...
Yes re-create the custom car/livery from inside the game, that will create a properly structured json file. Just don't ever use Microsoft Word to open a json file and save it.. I mean it's possible.. but in the end Word is not using the correct internal format.

This is how it should look like:
1692208313126.png

Last edited:
Yes re-create the custom car/livery from inside the game, that will create a properly structured json file. Just don't ever use Microsoft Word to open a json file and save it.. I mean it's possible.. but in the end Word is not using the correct internal format.
Look at my post: i used Visual Studio but json file is like on Notepad or Word....

Look at my post: i used Visual Studio but json file is like on Notepad or Word....
Yes, but you need to save the livery again using Assetto Corsa Competizione. Having opened it and probably saving it using Microsoft Word has messed up the internal structure of the Json file.

Visual studio code also shows that the json file you've got there isn't valid:
- the file name is orange and not white.
- there are curly red underlined pieces within the json, showing something is wrong.

Also the name of the json file is irrelevant, only change the internals of the json file if you want to name the livery. The name of the livery will also show up in Race Element if you have changed it properly.

Last edited:
A file with what looks like spaces between characters is usually an encoding issue - e.g. a file which was saved in Unicode (say UTF-16) and then opened in the assumption that it was plain ASCII.
If you have a hex editor of any kind available to you, you can put that beyond doubt by checking if the gaps between the readable letters are 0x20 (decimal 32, spaces) or 0x00 (decimal 0, NULs).
These days, editors often seem to be clever enough to work out what's going on, even when things like the BOM ("byte order mark") are missing.

A file with what looks like spaces between characters is usually an encoding issue - e.g. a file which was saved in Unicode (say UTF-16) and then opened in the assumption that it was plain ASCII.
If you have a hex editor of any kind available to you, you can put that beyond doubt by checking if the gaps between the readable letters are 0x20 (decimal 32, spaces) or 0x00 (decimal 0, NULs).
These days, editors often seem to be clever enough to work out what's going on, even when things like the BOM ("byte order mark") are missing.
That's indeed the more detailed description of what happened here..

Nevertheless as usual I want to improve Race Element... So I decided to work on something that allows you to set up a "custom livery" for the game.. folders and files will be automatically created.. and it will be visible in the game to continue working on etc..

@LP26 I have just released a new version of Race Element that allows you to create a custom livery that shows up in-game with ease.
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/race-element.50578/updates#resource-update-110496

1692223252310.png

Last edited:
Got the 100% same issue than you. Reinstall of ACC did not fix it and using other programs to edit json files also did not help.

let me know if you find a solution :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back