Pro Sim H-Shifter.

It looks a great bit of kit,but they can keep it for the price. At that money I could have a full transmission fitted to my actual car. This hobby is bloody expensive anyway. I know I'm a cynic,but sometimes you have to just say no,as Nancy Reagan would of said.

Upvote 0
It's nonsense to spend much money on a manual shifter because it's very poorly emulated by all sims, and it will never be satisfactory until there's a hardware and software connection between the shifter and the clutch pedal.

Upvote 0
It's nonsense to spend much money on a manual shifter because it's very poorly emulated by all sims, and it will never be satisfactory until there's a hardware and software connection between the shifter and the clutch pedal.
This one is described to have a hydraulic lockout function, which is driven by the pedal inputs, meaning you can't put it into gear without a clutch or proper rev matching, it physically blocks it. I'm looking forward to actual reviews on that part though.

Upvote 0
That's interesting. There's however the software part. The process of changing gear must be emulated with both the clutch and the shifter working together. Otherwise, you will never feel with the car the effects of releasing the clutch too suddently, stalling the car or scratching the gears when you release the clutch without the gear being fulling engaged.

Upvote 0
Looks like a quality product.

Am I the only one who thinks there's room in this market for a true ffb shifter and ffb pedal set? While I would probably bite the bait on the Prosim once a few positive reviews trickle out, I'd love to see ffb properly implemented into an H-pattern shifter. Even vibration motors and a transducer would do wonders. Gate patterns and shift throw would become variable from car to car, gear grinding, lockout, engine vibrations, damage, engagement could all be felt. All the above would be equally welcome on a clutch pedal as well.

Upvote 0
Looks like a quality product.

Am I the only one who thinks there's room in this market for a true ffb shifter and ffb pedal set? While I would probably bite the bait on the Prosim once a few positive reviews trickle out, I'd love to see ffb properly implemented into an H-pattern shifter. Even vibration motors and a transducer would do wonders. Gate patterns and shift throw would become variable from car to car, gear grinding, lockout, engine vibrations, damage, engagement could all be felt. All the above would be equally welcome on a clutch pedal as well.
YES. I have been thinking of ways to implement "proper" gear-lockout to a sim shifter and the way I figure it, would need to be implemented in the game engine for a true shifter experience with collar grind and the pressure / time relationship for synchro engagement could be emulated properly, as well as REAL left-foot braking where you can shift an H-pattern car W/O a clutch by rev-matching and timing the shifts / drivetrain unloads.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back