Practice race at Hungaroring 22nd of August - Sign up

i was going to use one in the forum but i couldnt find where to put it in the game files, didnt get round to asking where it goeseither.
Medication i take and my memory dont go well together. lol

So you have used the default setup so far? I'll attach my qual and race setup. Be aware that I am using Red Bull, so you have to chose red bull in the setup menu when looking for my setups.

This is where you place the setup file(s):
C:\Users\Nicolai\Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\UserData\CarSetups\Hungaroring

Attachments

• s9r1,3 med.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 241
  • s9q1.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 201
Guys there might a little problem with my presence tomorrow. I sold my laptop which I used for gaming and the parts for my PC will come tomorrow and I'll start assembling it around 7PM EET/5PM UK. If everything is fine I'll probably finish for less than 3 hours and join directly for Q but I won't make a rush cause it's gonna be my first self PC build. So for now just don't count me out. Sorry but it was mandatory to change from laptop to a real PC. :)

I hope you make it, it will be a great event and invaluable experience :)

Prepare for 12h hairpulling when something in that puzzle doesn't fit... But it may be first power up and ready for OS install, all drivers work and you don't have to spend 5h waiting for updates to download... In another words, good luck... backup your gamedata folder and transfer it to the new PC. Easily the largest download package is Steam so you can backup all the GCF files in your Steam\steamapps and transfer them too (you can also backup the whole steamapps folder too, it has all the games you got installed in them but it can be quite large..). When you then install Steam on your new pc, start it once and shut it down immediately. Copy those backups in your Steam install folder, delete both blob files from Steam folder and start Steam. You need to provide login info and then Steam should start to validate files, download what is missing but the main data is already there..

With a careful Steam backup you can get your old Steam working in new PC in the time it takes to transfer those files.. It's too bad that not a lot of softwares work like this.. In theory you should be able to copy the whole Steam folder and install new Steam on top of it, i got it working once like that, copied everything from my PC to my laptop, all games worked in 30 minutes..

Today i'm gonna fix the pedals like they were designed to, getting rid of all the gaffa tape and what nots, attaching everything firmly in place. I'll refurbish the insides too, secure pots and add reinforcements if required. If all goes well, i get it ready and tested in time. In the worst case, i'll break something and have to buy new pedals or resign until i do.. The action should not change so i should have exactly the same feel as before but i don't have to keep watching them anymore, hopefully it'll improve my consistency and i get a little bit of pace back. Specially brakes have started to spike, the pots are allright, just poorly attached.. Momo has a "safety feature" in the pots (they are loose in their seating...),it'll protect the pots from bending but it also means easily spiking pedals, like we all Momo users know...

Wish me luck...

Today i'm gonna fix the pedals like they were designed to, getting rid of all the gaffa tape and what nots, attaching everything firmly in place. I'll refurbish the insides too, secure pots and add reinforcements if required. If all goes well, i get it ready and tested in time. In the worst case, i'll break something and have to buy new pedals or resign until i do.. The action should not change so i should have exactly the same feel as before but i don't have to keep watching them anymore, hopefully it'll improve my consistency and i get a little bit of pace back. Specially brakes have started to spike, the pots are allright, just poorly attached.. Momo has a "safety feature" in the pots (they are loose in their seating...),it'll protect the pots from bending but it also means easily spiking pedals, like we all Momo users know...

Wish me luck...

Good luck dood. How about some pics so we can have some clue as how to do ours? Please!

i`ve done some laps today and i was 1.5 sec slower than my best time
i tried all...and nothing seems to work:(
Only thing that help is practice and alot of it and since i didnt do any laps in past days it shows.
It was nice to think i can go back in the game,but i just get upset from my mistakes and i dont want to.I am slow and always be in F1 because of no practice.Not to mention its 39 Degrese here so no joy :devilish:
I am sorry i caused some fuss,but i think i better stay on the bench and watch the pros doing it.:notworthy:
So i respectfully ask to be withdrawn from Practice Race for Tonight and wish you all a nice season and many battles.
I`ll keep an eye on forum and see how you all doing. ;)
Good luck and have fun,bye.

It's better if i do not participate today. Not all the glue has set yet, i did use too much so it takes forever to harden... Unless i can get all done in 15 minutes i'm in but i doubt it.... Everything else worked out fine, it's not pretty but looks kind a mean. I'll try to take some pictures, i got cheap Nokia phone and it requires that the blasted Nokia PC suite has to be installed too.. It's a pain in the butt that "software", it installs a usb monitor service that can not be disabled and doesn't use any kind of human logic in it's updates, they come and CTD any game, controllers are buggy.. i hate that piece of crap..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back