Power and Glory Mod Installl?

I already have the GTR2 installed with the patch. Now I D/L the P&G mod,but not sure how to do a clean install so I can put the P&G in it. Do I copy the whole GTR2 and put it where? Need simple instructions and example. haven't done this before where you do a clean install from a game that I already have. Any help is appreciated.

And remember to keep it original and safe.
When you wish a new modded GTR2 install ... make a copy of this original somewhere else and mod it there and not in Steam.
That way if your disks are big enough ... you might even do 10 different installs ! :roflmao:

NB: each install with a different root folder name of course
OK, here is what I have done so far. I verified the files and it reinstalled a clean copy of GTR2 to my common file. I patched it and that's where I stand right now. The modded GTR2 that has been renamed is in the Root C. Now what? I haven'tdone anything with P&G yet.

Last edited:
What do you mean by "Patched it" and in which version and folder ?
Don't tell me you patched it with HQ Anniv Patch in the Steamapps/Common/GTR2 folder !???

Else your original Steam version is not the original version any longer. :(

If it's still your original ... copy and paste in a new folder for example: "GTR2 PnG3"

For PnG3 install, just follow exactly what's written by @GTR233 in its readme for install:

| 3) Power & Glory 3 (PnG3) INSTALL |
---------------------------------------
- follow STEP 1a) or 1b), then 2) to create a clean GTR2 install in D:\PnG3 by example

- you must run GTR2 at least once before installing PnG3 MOD

- download and install PnG3 mod : https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/power-glory-for-gtr-2.21450/

- RUN GTR2_SETUP.CMD
>> page I choose language
>> page II choose #9 HUD PnG3 Anniversary
>> page V choose binary (NOCD IS SET BY DEFAULT)
>> page VI choose FOV (MANDATORY EVERY TIME YOU MODIFY BINARY WITH SETUP!!!)
>> page VII choose PLR* FFB (MANDATORY EVERY TIME YOU MODIFY BINARY WITH SETUP!!!)
(*) you can rename later "PLAYER.PLR" file in "GTR2\UserData\PLAYER" and "PLAYER" folder in "GTR2\UserData" with same NAME of your choice
>> page X choose UI PnG3 (adds driving school line in menu plus many tweaks in garage)
>> page XIII you can type #1 to remove safely all modern GTR2 cars which are not required for PnG3 mod
>> page XIV choose #1 OR #2 PnG3 HQ Anniversary if you want moving wipers and important fixes
>> page XXVI choose #4 PnG3 Driving School cars

- ONLY IF YOU DO NOT USE CrewChief plugin : right click on GTR2.EXE >> left click PROPERTY >> COMPATIBILITY >> tick ADMINISTRATOR RIGHTS box

- from now you can run GTR2.EXE safely

Last edited:
OK so do as you like now ... but next time you'll have to get a new Steam original version once again.
Anyway you know now how to do it if necessary.
But rembember what's below:

NEVER PATCH IN STEAM BUT COPY THE PURE STEAM VERSION AND PASTE IT AS NEW INSTALL IN ANOTHER FOLDER.
THEN PATCH THIS COPIED VERSION AND KEEP THE STEAM ONE PURE.

I don't shout but only try to be clear, precise and understood.
If a new HQ Patch version is released you will need an original Steam version again .... so don't touch the original steam version.
Copy it and paste it somewhere else to patch it and mod it and play it.

Else said:
- 1 pure and untouched GTR2 Steam version in Steamapps/common
- 1 or 10 or even 100 or 1000 ( if you wish ) patched and modded GTR2 installs in other folders out of Steam

Right now, I am reninstalling GTR2 again through steam. This will be a new copy. The modded GTR2 was patched in steam and now is in the Root C .

Last edited:
Ok .. for the following steps, just follow @GTR233's install instructions in order to be able to install P&G3 on the patched GTR2 version ... and don't forget to launch it before installing PnG3 according to Paul's advice.

Good luck and have pleasure afterwards.
Cheers
JP

Thanks to everyone that tried to help but I have had enough of it. Can't get it to work and spent way too much time when I could be racing instead.

Last edited:
The order has very little importance since I made the GTR2_SETUP.CMD so you can install hq patch at the end if you prefer :
- gtr2 base game
- install png3.2
- extract gtr2 hq anniversary patch part1+part2
- run GTR2_SETUP.CMD : select png3 options when you see them (png3 UI to restore png style menu, hq png3 patch to add fixes and wipers, etc ...)

Not really complicated with the setup, type S key to skip page or when you don't know what to answer.

Gtl-gtr2 mod is a direct conversion of gtl cars which are classics cars used in recent fia gtc championships = 500mb size.

Whereas PnG3 mod is a full standalone cars set which replicates REAL 60s-70s cars and there are much more cars = 3 Gb = 6 times bigger than gtl ! Physics and behavior are totally different.
I like GTL but PnG3 is at another level especially with all dirt/rain screens I have made for it in HQ patch.

Last edited:
Gtl-gtr2 mod is a direct conversion of gtl cars which are classics cars used in recent fia gtc championships = 500mb size.

Whereas PnG3 mod is a full standalone cars set which replicates REAL 60s-70s cars and there are much more cars = 3 Gb = 6 times bigger than gtl ! Physics and behavior are totally different.
I like GTL but PnG3 is at another level especially with all dirt/rain screens I have made for it in HQ patch.
Maybe so, too bad it isn't easier to install. My problem is in the selection on the PNG install of 1 or 2. It gave me an error of some sort.

Last edited:
OK, I have a new GTR2 original clean install. I now have the PNG installed in C: program Files x86, and GTR2 in Common. Is that correct? I don't see any GTR2_Setup.CMD though. I got it going by going into the PNG and clicking on the GTR2 application. Why is the spotter always saying cold brakes, brakes are over heating? Way to get rid of that?

Last edited:
Good news as you managed to install it finally :)

Run GTR2_SETUP.CMD and install PnG3 HQ Anniversary Patch (either #1 with new physics or #2 for original PnG physics) to get rid of this bug and many others.

Good news as you managed to install it finally :)

Run GTR2_SETUP.CMD and install PnG3 HQ Anniversary Patch (either #1 with new physics or #2 for original PnG physics) to get rid of this bug and many others.
You probably missed that I said I can't find the GTR2_SETUP.CMD. Is the PNG Patch different than the GTR2 Patch? No adjust to the FFB? I have it in GTR2.

Last edited:
This file is in GTR2 HQ Anniversary Patch part 2 : if you don't see GTR2_SETUP.CMD in your install then you forgot to install part2 (it's written in my install.txt)

Double click on GTR2_SETUP.CMD to run it and you will access to 43 pages of options : PnG3 HQ Anniversary Patch is not installed by default just because PnG3 mod is not installed by default too ; you can install it at page 15 (XV) as shown on my screenshot

Attachments

• PnG HQ Ann Patch.jpg
    PnG HQ Ann Patch.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 50
Just a tip : png3.2 installer is really boring as it checks files and it's slow so my advice is :
- make a clean gtr2 install and make a zip so you have a clean gtr2 install ready to extract in 1 minute
- install png3.2 mod in your clean gtr2 then make a zip so you have a clean png3 install ready to extract in 2 minutes (yes it's bigger than gtr2 alone)
- then you can apply hq anniversary patch over one of these 2 clean installs in minimum time :)

Last edited:
Just a tip : png3.2 installer is really boring as it checks files and it's slow so my advice is :
- make a clean gtr2 install and make a zip so you have a clean gtr2 install ready to extract in 1 minute
- install png3.2 mod in your clean gtr2 then make a zip so you have a clean png3 install ready to extract in 2 minutes (yes it's bigger than gtr2 alone)
- then you can apply hq anniversary patch over one of these 2 clean installs in minimum time :)

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea