Post Pictures thread (Part 2)

Find the screenshot thread part 1: here

A project..

screenshot082copy.jpg

Man, we really need a real driver which moves the hand along the steering wheel....I vote YES !

Hm. Depends on how you use the game? I use a steering wheel and I
find that having moving hands (as in other sims/games), and even an
on-screen wheel to be rather annoying...

But then again, I think of the screen as a "window" so I have no need for them :)

It's nice having all the different liveries... tough to pick one.

Bumpmaps would add a lot to the pavement I think, not sure how to go about making good ones though.

And of course if you're photographing a race car, you use a ridiculously long telephoto...

Nice work... just need some spec maps on the tyre sidewalls really... give them a bit of life.

The Carlswood track surface just uses a spec map in the alpha channel to do the speculars.

I've found that most track materials are nicest with a normal map, spec map (they are linear space on 2nd texture map), and a diffuse map in the 1st texture...
Mmmmmm...

Just making sure the normal map is done properly so the shadow casts in the right direction :D

As per making a normal map, best to model what you want to have as normals, and then render it out (I like using positive/negative red/green/blue lights for that job, done some really nice tyres like that)
OOoooor, if you can take pics of real materials...
http://zarria.net/nrmphoto/nrmphoto.html

Which also works really really well!

Dave

Just working through the RS500 + Rudskogen cg shaders, still need to figure out how the Carlswood asphalt shader treats specular so the ground doesn't shine so much.
Look at Cg Swiss Stroll's road setup, thats what I used to figure it out.

U can use the nVidia Photoshop tools to create normalmaps also. Work with Photoshop CS & better.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.