Possible GP2 League?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

So tonight I was browsing through the mods for Assetto Corsa, and I came across the GP2 mod. I have been playing around with it for around 2-3 or so now and I'm enjoying what I'm playing. In the mod comes all of the car skins for the GP2 2014 season - which got me thinking about the prospect of a league for this.

In short, what I am asking is if anyone would be interested if I was to create a league for the GP2 cars. Obviously AC is a very, very unfinished product in terms of multiplayer gameplay. So I was thinking maybe 2 separate leagues? EU and US? This would hopefully somewhat dim down the really dodgy connections at times.

Just as a little final note, obviously AC has a very limited track list so if you guys were to compete in this you would need to download and install the tracks to the game. Also, it probably goes without saying, you'll need the GP2 mod too!

So yeah guys, if you want me to go forward with this idea then I'm more than willing to do so. I'm open to suggestions also, so please feel free to post them down below!

Thanks for your time guys,
Ryan Smith

The game in its current state simply isn't ready for leagues just yet.
We already have a couple of leagues in the works, but we cannot do anything more than we already have because the game isn't complete enough.

For a basic league to work we need at the bare minimum:
  • Steady & reliable Netcode
  • Damage
  • Pit stops
At the moment we have none of these. The Netcode is improving, but its still a bit jittery at times.

Hopefully we can begin league racing in the not too distant future though :)
However, I don't think the GP2 mod will be used regardless, because the physics aren't complete, and there's only one available compound to use (Soft).
Also I have no idea if it's ever going to be completed because it seems to have been dropped, mid-development cycle, in favour of the Formula One mods.

Apart from what Chris Stacy already mentioned,
@Ryan Mark Smith
Just for info - leagues of any kind on this site are to be organized only by RD staff. Advertising any other sim racing leagues is here not allowed.

Please stick to that and you'll be fine :)

If you all want to exchange ideas or just simply talk about AC GP leagues - here's the place for it.

I wasn't advertising it was just a suggestion to get peoples feedback on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back