Porsche Mobil 1 SuperCup version 2.5 - Bump/Rebound problem?

Hi, I just installed this nice mod and tried it at Monza 07. On the bumps before the Ascari (for example) the car start jumping up and down and when I start braking I loose control. I saw both bump and rebound settings are not gray but are all set to 1 and can't be changed. Is this normal?

Thanks.

yes it is normal for ZZZ version of the PMSC cars to be very bumpy. Also, the cars in RL don't have shock adjustment avail.

funny enough, I just had here 5 minutes ago a mate that has raced a few rounds last year in the New Zealand Porsche GT3 Cup and he stated that the cars are not bumpy and drive very smoothly and have a nice light drift with always a small amount of understeer.

I'll be getting him over to test my 2007 PMSC cars and help me tweak it to feel like RL. I had already tried to model my 2007 cars to perform as he has stated. So, look out for a new 2007 PMSC build out soon.

Thanks. I suggest to try at Monza 07 track. I was not able to complete a lap. When you arrive to the brake point before the Ascari the rear is already out of control. On other tracks it is not so evident and I was able to race normally.

It certainly is! Just ran both for comparison, and your version feels much better. Far less jumping around and just more stable in general. Maybe RD should switch to this one for the Mobil1 club races. :wink:

On a side note, I also noticed that when driven by the AI, your cars seems to get round the Old Hairpin without too much trouble. ZZZs spin/crash there nearly every lap, as do cars from many other classes including stock touring cars. I don't suppose you know of a fix for it?

That could be the AI talent files, it could be the tyre physics, it could be the chassis physics, a little hard to know exactly. I personally only look at AI driving skills at the very end of mod building and ... still don't stress it so much :) I do know that the default steering lock of a car always needs to be set low, 12-15 degrees for a stable type of race car, and maybe lower on a twitchy/super fast car, as the AI can't handle large degrees of steer lock. To test this, backup first and then edit the setting in the .hdc (SimBin) or .hdv (rF/rF2)

Downloads: A new file has been added by True2Life Racing:

True2Life Racing Porsche 911 GT3 (997) Cup 2007

Welcome to the True2Life-Racing Porsche 911 GT3 (997) Cup version 1.1 Full Install.

Features added to the GTR Evo Version:
- Custom Skin support using the "CustomSkins" folder .ini system
- Wet tyres tyre physics models
- Functioning Rain/Dirtscreen & Wipers

--// Pre-installation //--

Please delete the following folders before installing this edition:

..\race 07\GameData\Teams\T2L_Addons\Porsche 911 GT3 (997) Cup

--// Installation //--

- extract to main Race07 folder

e.g.

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\**you-user-name**\race 07\

This is not for public release or distribution.

-----// Changelog //-----

--// v1.1 //--

- improved online compatability
- adjusted 3D models

--// v1.0 //--

- initial public release

-----//\\------

This release wouldn't have been possible without:

- GSMF for their great rF PCC2007 Mod and their permission to convert it to GTR Evolution
- Stephan Sabath
- SimJunkies test pilots
- Jayforce & FastEddieWoe & Michael Rasmussen for their great skins
- Simbin (of course)
- And you, the Sim Racing Community!

-----//-----

Cheers,

Günthar Rowe
True2Life-Racing.com

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes