rF2 Porsche Carrera Cup GB @ Mid-Ohio - Fri January 14th 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I was then behind Marcel, who was a lap behind but he drove always his line and didnt gave me a chance to lap him. So it happend that I was behind him on the way to turn two and he braked pretty early and with me braking on my normal braking spott.

I breaked early to let you pass on the inside but have seen you struggling in my rearview - my bad.

Some people say you should not leave your line to not suprise them, others want you to make room while easing off the throttle and so on and so on but how is one supposed to act when everyone has a different concept? The same goes when driving for one of the last grid positions in a bunch of three cars taking care to overtake each slower driving car (their drivers also fighting for positions) knowing at the same time that the leader is coming up behind getting ready to overtake? Slow down? Driving on the outline? Giving up the advantage? My head is spinning ... I have regrets for even entering this event.

None the less thanks to the Racing Staff and RD for the event.

Well your right there aare few different types of how to make space and it is really difficult if there are fights for positions in front and at the positions who get lapped, but breaking early is damn dangarous. It happened to me in a different league once. He tried to let me pass with breaking 100m or so earlier and I was so surprised that I just couldnt avoid the crash. Just flashing the lights or so for letting the one behind you know that he can pass would be good. So he is ready and is looking for the spot to overtake.

But we didnt crash and that is important mate ;)

Im looking forward to the next round! Whats it going to be? Really makes a difference on a quality made track like Mid Ohio too! Hate it when race on poorly put together tracks (I mean texture and model wise).

I made a video of race 2. Originally it was going to be extended highlights of my race, but I ended up overlaying music and got a bit carried away with the cutting. :rolleyes:

The GTA music seemed apt with the amount of action and helicopters. :wink:

Just flashing the lights or so for letting the one behind you know that he can pass would be good. So he is ready and is looking for the spot to overtake.
Agreed. I love the many creative uses for a headlight flash :). When a faster driver approaches I try to flash while moving slightly off-line or not powering out of the corner 100% to make the pass easier. Any rapid moves are a no-no, just like in normal traffic.

Not sure what happened in Race 1, but we were side by side into the 2nd to last corner, the tight right hander, I was on the outside and left you the inside but you went to the middle of track and didn't turn in ending in a little accident. Were you trying to go into the pits?

I couldn't actually see where you were as you were out of view, I couldn't wait for you because you had entered the pitlane. Sorry.

Eventful two races for me, first race I was part of the Turn 2 crash carnage and ended up touching front bumpers in the gravel trap with Mr Lennon, I managed to find reverse so we could both get back on the track. Rest of Race1 I made up some positions, but was also involved in two other small incidents which didn't help things, came in 11th I think.

Race 2 started bad, got spun out at turn 1, rejoined almost last, this race was better for me and I managed to make up positions and stay out of trouble, the highlight being a duel with Mr Cox that went on for some number of laps. In the final stages I was up to I think 6th chasing down Mr Eggbeer, I crossed the finishing line on his bumper, another lap would have been interesting.

Congrats to the winners, podium and all those that took part.

Yea I was trying to enter the pits. Its all good.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back