AC Porsche 911 RSR 3.0 @ Highlands Long

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I tried using my H pattern with the Porsche and......going back to sequential shifting.Also need help with a good tune.See you next week. If anyone is doing some practice runs let me know , i need practice for sure.

I'll Join! I'ts been a while since I've sim raced with a group. Last time there were almost no US time zone events so i'm looking forward to this. I've also picked up an Oculus since then. Count me in. I'll have to spend the next few days practicing and figuring out setup for AC on rift.

FWIW, I got the setup downloaded. Don't know why it didn't work for me yesterday....

Nevertheless, this car is quite difficult to control for me.....

Sim racing takes practice, it's a difficult form of "gaming" and has a steep learning curve.

Send me a PM with more info and I will try and help.

As i said in the video, you need to brake early and down shift very deliberately with this car.

If your issues are on throttle then focus on slowly applying throttle. Remember "squeeze the trigger dont pull the trigger"

Sim racing takes practice, it's a difficult form of "gaming" and has a steep learning curve.

Send me a PM with more info and I will try and help.

As i said in the video, you need to brake early and down shift very deliberately with this car.

If your issues are on throttle then focus on slowly applying throttle. Remember "squeeze the trigger dont pull the trigger"

I knew that the feel of this car/track combo reminded me of something - then a light bulb went off! ---- GPL!!! I finally ran 4 consecutive clean laps (which I'm sure are pretty darn slow compared to everyone else) and it hit me how "GPL-ish" this feels.

I ran in a GPL league back in the day (mid-back of pack usually), so as soon as I thought "GPL...GPL...GPL", it became much more comfortable. In other words, think survival, not necessarily speed. Or as they say "In order to finish first, you must first finish."

The one difference between this and GPL is the use of ABS. You might not be able to stop very short, but it sure helps stop the back end from kicking out!

I was HATING this car/track combo at first, but now I'm getting to like it. (Notice that I didn't say Love it.)

General Question: In CM"s "controllers" menu, what does "Gamma" mean for the wheel and peds? I know what it means with photography and video, but I can't figure out the concept for sim racing. Does anyone know?

Thanks!

@newbert when you download a setup from setup manager you will need to select another track, then go back to the original track you were downloading for, then the setup will be in the setup area for you to load to your car.
This is how I have found it works for me.

Count me in for this race guys! And i share the same thoughts of @lhcaetano , Abs and Tc on this machine is an heresy :) . But i can also understand the reasons behind this decision, bring some more people, that may not be that familiar with hardcore cars like this for the race. The Rsr can be quite scary Lol.

JBaeumle and lhcaetano I get where you are coming from, but we aim to make these evens accessible to users of all skill levels. We have people who are just a few hours into AC that partake in these, so it helps to get them involved.

The faster guys don't run assists, come on out and have a good time, that's what these events are all about.

Last edited:
fellas, I forgot to add the poll this week! If you want to cast a vote as to what kind of shifting we will use next week, H pattern or Paddles, cast a vote. I try and tailor our events to what yall want. :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back