• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

US Porsche 911 RSR 3.0 @ Highlands Long

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Racing Club' started by scottiedawg66, Mar 21, 2019.

shifting type for race on 4/3

Poll closed Mar 28, 2019.
  1. H pattern

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. paddle

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
Added to Calendar: 27-03-19
  1. bo1210

bo1210
    Premium

Ratings:
    +17
    NEED FOR SPEED: PORSCHE UNLEASHED!!!!!!!

Yeah, I'm in. :D

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  2. Angeltheartist

Angeltheartist
    Premium

Ratings:
    +40
    I tried using my H pattern with the Porsche and......going back to sequential shifting.Also need help with a good tune.See you next week. If anyone is doing some practice runs let me know , i need practice for sure.

3. scottiedawg66

scottiedawg66
    Race Events Host Staff

Ratings:
    +94
    shift however you want its all good. Were you also unable to find the tune I shared on setup market?

4. Getrag

Getrag
    Premium

Ratings:
    +25
    I'll Join! I'ts been a while since I've sim raced with a group. Last time there were almost no US time zone events so i'm looking forward to this. I've also picked up an Oculus since then. Count me in. I'll have to spend the next few days practicing and figuring out setup for AC on rift.

• Beer Beer x 1
  5. scottiedawg66

scottiedawg66
    Race Events Host Staff

Ratings:
    +94
    welcome! check out this video for VR advice

6. newbert

newbert
    Premium

Ratings:
    +65
    FWIW, I got the setup downloaded. Don't know why it didn't work for me yesterday....

Nevertheless, this car is quite difficult to control for me.....

7. scottiedawg66

scottiedawg66
    Race Events Host Staff

Ratings:
    +94
    Sim racing takes practice, it's a difficult form of "gaming" and has a steep learning curve.

Send me a PM with more info and I will try and help.

As i said in the video, you need to brake early and down shift very deliberately with this car.

If your issues are on throttle then focus on slowly applying throttle. Remember "squeeze the trigger dont pull the trigger"

8. newbert

newbert
    Premium

Ratings:
    +65
    I knew that the feel of this car/track combo reminded me of something - then a light bulb went off! ---- GPL!!! I finally ran 4 consecutive clean laps (which I'm sure are pretty darn slow compared to everyone else) and it hit me how "GPL-ish" this feels.

I ran in a GPL league back in the day (mid-back of pack usually), so as soon as I thought "GPL...GPL...GPL", it became much more comfortable. In other words, think survival, not necessarily speed. Or as they say "In order to finish first, you must first finish."

The one difference between this and GPL is the use of ABS. You might not be able to stop very short, but it sure helps stop the back end from kicking out!

I was HATING this car/track combo at first, but now I'm getting to like it. (Notice that I didn't say Love it.)

• Beer Beer x 1
  9. newbert

newbert
    Premium

Ratings:
    +65
    General Question: In CM"s "controllers" menu, what does "Gamma" mean for the wheel and peds? I know what it means with photography and video, but I can't figure out the concept for sim racing. Does anyone know?

Thanks!

10. scottiedawg66

scottiedawg66
    Race Events Host Staff

Ratings:
    +94
    it transposes your inputs from linear to exponential levels, displayed by the curve in the tuning menu

my advice, leave all that at linear

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  11. FRadosti_39

FRadosti_39
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3
    planning on making it this week had something come up literally last minute and missed a fun car/track combo

• Like Like x 1
  12. newbert

newbert
    Premium

Ratings:
    +65
    Thanks for the explanation. Just was curious - I don't plan to touch it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tennracer

Tennracer
    Premium

Ratings:
    +44
    @newbert when you download a setup from setup manager you will need to select another track, then go back to the original track you were downloading for, then the setup will be in the setup area for you to load to your car.
    This is how I have found it works for me.

14. Tennracer

Tennracer
    Premium

Ratings:
    +44
    Also Scottie I'm in for this weeks fun

• Like Like x 1
  15. Douglas Garcia

Douglas Garcia
    Premium

Ratings:
    +22
    I'm in, guys.

See you there!

• Like Like x 1
  16. scottiedawg66

scottiedawg66
    Race Events Host Staff

Ratings:
    +94
    You fellas are all set

17. lhcaetano

lhcaetano
    Premium

Ratings:
    +53
    I was going to renew my membership because of this race, but when I read "driving assists ON", naaaah, not worth it :thumbsdown:

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. JBaeumle

JBaeumle
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    Count me in for this race guys! And i share the same thoughts of @lhcaetano , Abs and Tc on this machine is an heresy :) . But i can also understand the reasons behind this decision, bring some more people, that may not be that familiar with hardcore cars like this for the race. The Rsr can be quite scary Lol.

• Beer Beer x 1
  19. scottiedawg66

scottiedawg66
    Race Events Host Staff

Ratings:
    +94
    JBaeumle and lhcaetano I get where you are coming from, but we aim to make these evens accessible to users of all skill levels. We have people who are just a few hours into AC that partake in these, so it helps to get them involved.

The faster guys don't run assists, come on out and have a good time, that's what these events are all about.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. scottiedawg66

scottiedawg66
    Race Events Host Staff

Ratings:
    +94
    fellas, I forgot to add the poll this week! If you want to cast a vote as to what kind of shifting we will use next week, H pattern or Paddles, cast a vote. I try and tailor our events to what yall want. :thumbsup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.