AC Porsche 911 GT3 Cup @ Spa Francorchamps - Thursday January 12th 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Porsche 911 GT3 Cup.jpg

The next-generation 911 GT3 Cup race car is here...

All premium members can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well. See you on track?!

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
Racing Club Rules: click here

Server Name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU GT3
Cars: Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017 (Porsche Pack Volume 3)
Track: Spa-Francorchamps 40 Grid Slots Version Download Here

Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualifying 1: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Race 1: 19:40 GMT (20 minutes)
Qualifying 2: 20:00 GMT (10 minutes)
Race 2: 20:10 GMT (20 minutes)

Entry List
  1. Freddo Soprano
  2. Kek700
  3. Tuomas Tähtelä
  4. Mapu
  5. Yusuf Macit
  6. Dexter
  7. Eugene Abramoff
  8. Aziz Can YÜCEL
  9. Julius Sriubsa
  10. Vincent.C
  11. Ben Scullion
  12. Ross Garland
  13. metaDp
  14. flavio_joshua
  15. m_mirk
  16. Blauweke
  17. jemmari
  18. Aksu
  19. speedyx56
  20. markvtus
  21. Stefan Hiller
  22. Dan ONeill
  23. Des Bain
  24. Shakunee
  25. Tobiman
  26. Gaylord Clapano
  27. Reik Major
  28. Akra
  29. Glaurung
  30. Franklin Stegink
  31. Kostas Kaloudis
  32. Si
Reserves who can't wait to race in your place ;)
  • Reserve 1
  • Reserve 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Sign me in, pls.
Can you apply 100% damage to this race!
:)
100% damage is too harsh, because little bumps that are very common, particulary in this kind of competitions, cause exagerated chassis damage that drammatically increase aero drag.
The 20% value may be too bland in case of heavy crash, but eventually allows near battles and tight competition, at least is what has came to light after all the club and league races so far here at RD.

The problem is where you are in the field of drivers, front runners are with drivers that may contend a small area of the road and consequentially have slight controlled bumps, this making sense of 10% damage.
People at the middle and back are up against people who want the whole space your car is in.
This means a hard knock which means you are facing the other way :-(.
This seems to happen a lot with these big fields. 100% damage means you will have to be more careful, this could be a realistic outcome of 100% damage. At least you would have to pit, which means you do not have to wait for the next big punt.

Oh yes, put me down for this race.

The problem is where you are in the field of drivers, front runners are with drivers that may contend a small area of the road and consequentially have slight controlled bumps, this making sense of 10% damage.
People at the middle and back are up against people who want the whole space your car is in.
This means a hard knock which means you are facing the other way :-(.
This seems to happen a lot with these big fields. 100% damage means you will have to be more careful, this could be a realistic outcome of 100% damage. At least you would have to pit, which means you do not have to wait for the next big punt.

Oh yes, put me down for this race.

In a sense I agree with you. Also it would make for a more realistic environment. However from my experience I can tell you that these cup races have been pretty fair for the most part, even during that first corner of a race! :thumbsup: I noticed that a few drivers forget about this particular rule which says that a offender has to wait for the innocent party, when a overtake attempt goes all wrong. I'd say this is one way to prevent massive bumper riding.

Last edited:
Can someone share a setup for this Porsche, please? Or at least few tips how to setup this car for Spa. I'm pretty confident driving on Spa with my favourite BMW Z4 but this 911 feels really bad for me for now.

Piotr, what are the main difficulties are you having with this car? You may want to increase rear wing value by 1 or 2 if it feels unstable. Maybe you could try increasing front tyre pressures a little as well. But the default setup is okay with this car as far as i can tell. It's just one of the main characteristics of a 911 to be unstable because its a rear-engine car. And should feel a lot more different than a Z4. Do not be afraid to apply little pressure on the gas at the corner exits, it will help you control the car at least. Do not forget to increase gas input gradually as you slowly exit. The more time you spend this car, the more comfortable you should get with it. Good luck.

Also, sign me in, please. Thanks. :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.2%
  • Forum trophies