AC Porsche 911 GT3 Cup @ Spa Francorchamps - Thursday January 12th 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I need to pull out last minute, sorry. I don't feel well at all, feel sick and anxious. I'll try some other time, plus i've been racing a lot elsewhere and I need a break. Good luck to everyone though, sorry to waste a spot :|

I need to pull out last minute, sorry. I don't feel well at all, feel sick and anxious. I'll try some other time, plus i've been racing a lot elsewhere and I need a break. Good luck to everyone though, sorry to waste a spot :|
This event started at 19:00 GMT. You don't sign out 30 minutes into the start of an event

That you have been racing a lot elsewhere is not an excuse not to show up on an event you have signed up for on Sunday and had five days to decide not to show up.

For the next time please sign out in time as per our simple racing club rules (see #3) so somebody else can take your slot. We stick to our end of the agreement and have a nice filled event for you and the only thing you need to do when you sign up is be present and enjoy your hobby, or let us know in time when you can't make it.

And so ends my first online event in AC. I have to say, it left something to be desired. The car and track combo were excellent, really enjoyable. I also enjoyed battling with a few people at various points during the first race. Really good fun.

Mod-edit: see your conversation message

Sorry for moaning but I think it's justified in this instance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave,

I am really, really sorry about what happened on the chicane. I did not mean to hit you or anybody there. I just tweaked my car a little for the 2nd race and the car behaved so much more different than i have expected. I lost control of my car while braking and absolutely flew into the chance over the grass with no control at all.
My heart was literally shattered while i was just being dragged helplessly into that corner.
@Akra , so SORRY! :(

Guys with regards to incidents, which can happen of course during a race. Please make sure you handle incidents correct as per our rules.

At all times when you cause a collision you need to give back your positon. Always, no exceptions. This is our golden rule. Failing to do so will result in a 30 day race ban when somebody sends an incident report

Cutting is not allowed as per the same club rules and needs to be avoided and reported if done consistently.

As I can't be present at events in the coming two weeks I need you to be my eyes on track.

But please remember that in racing incidents will always happen but it's how you handle incidents that matter. So please make sure to follow our simple club rules (linked in each and every event post in all racing clubs)

Dave,

I am really, really sorry about what happened on the chicane. I did not mean to hit you or anybody there. I just tweaked my car a little for the 2nd race and the car behaved so much more different than i have expected. I lost control of my car while braking and absolutely flown into the chance over the grass with no control at all.
My heart was literally shattered while i was just being dragged helplessly into that corner.
@Akra , so SORRY! :(

Don't worry about it at all mate. I got a hell of a fright when it happened! It was clearly an accident and these cars are so bloody difficult to drive that I'm surprised I only got caught in one accident during the 2 races! So don't worry about it, and thanks for the apology!

----

On a separate note, I was a little miffed with track limits. There was lots of offs on exits of corners, and some moments during Eau Rouge were causing cuts. These were clearly accidental and that's fine really - we've all had plenty of moments that have caused minor offs that are technically track limit violations.I did accidentally pass a car around the "corner with no name" as we were all avoiding an accident at the time, and I was over the white line. I made a mental note it was a black car and it was directly behind me and I was planning on blending out the throttle on the run to Blanchimont to let it by, but it had an off before we got there so I couldn't.

But I was overtaken on the last lap by a car that completely straight lined the top of Eau Rouge and used that momentum to get a run on me. I'm not going to report an incident because it's club racing, and I just want a bit of fun, but that was a little bit of a raised eyebrow.

But overall, good racing, but these cars are hard work!

I had a lot of fun again, lots of close fighting and close calls with spinning cars. I don't think I actually got ANY damage from either of the races which is just a miracle considering I went through almost the entire field, twice. From my perspective the racing was very clean. This was an awesome car/track combo, fast enough that the straights and fast corners don't feel dull but slow enough that all corners are a challenge, even Blanchimont which is easily flat out in GT3.

What rear wing were people using?
I used 6 but could have dropped 1 more...

I was using 8 since I used default setup in Qualy 1 and 2 and Race 1. In Race 2 I used the tips Tuomas gave but found the car too sharp for the way I drive it and ended up losing time. :D
Had a 2:20.2 in Qualy 1 that I blew up at some point, so making a setup really isn't required at all.

In fact for people who want to be quicker with this car but don't really know how, I'd recommend taking up karting IRL. That's really the only way to properly learn how to drive this way I think.

What rear wing were people using?
I used 6 but could have dropped 1 more...
I used 6 for this race. It depends on your driving style and ability to control the car which wing setting is the best for you. I used 4 rear wing for Silverstone but it felt too oversteery for Spa and I was loosing the rear all the time so I had to raise it up a bit. There's almost no change in drag from 4 to 8 so it's just for making the rear more or less stable.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back