Polonez Caro

Cars Polonez Caro 1.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
Azazman submitted a new resource:

Polonez Caro - Updated version of the mod made by siedlecki95

Update to long outdated car which took me a few months to complete. The one and only Polonez Caro. This update modifies the original mod made by siedlecki95. The improvements include redone interior, working wipers, full set of lights and working dashboard. The makeover was given to all 4 variants, all of them are included in the download. Keep in mind its far from being a professional release. Working on this car was primarily a learning opportunity for me and the goal was to patch the mod...

Read more about this resource...

It might be a track issue however i will test it out. I had the mod working properly on SRP traffic layout. What track/mode you were trying to race in. Was it practice, track day or race?

Nice mod, brings back memories ;)
For some reason though I can't have a race with them. All cars just rev, and get stuck on the grid. I can only drive solo
Any ideas?
Nevermind... got it fixed. Seems like it was broken on the original mod as well. AI should work properly in races right now. Dropping an update ASAP :)

Nevermind... got it fixed. Seems like it was broken on the original mod as well. AI should work properly in races right now. Dropping an update ASAP :)
Yes, you did..initially... and than it is broken for me again with the latest update. It must be something on my side, but I don't know what. All other mods I have work without a problem.
I am on CSP 01.79-preview 5 if that matters.
I can drive it myself, but when try to race, all other cars just rev their engines and don't move from the grid at the start of the race.
I had it with the first version, then you fixed it with above update, and now after the latest update I have the same problem.
Any suggestions?

Yes, you did..initially... and than it is broken for me again with the latest update. It must be something on my side, but I don't know what. All other mods I have work without a problem.
I am on CSP 01.79-preview 5 if that matters.
I can drive it myself, but when try to race, all other cars just rev their engines and don't move from the grid at the start of the race.
I had it with the first version, then you fixed it with above update, and now after the latest update I have the same problem.
Any suggestions?
I will double check the ai.ini file in the car's data and update you on the issue :)

thanks for the mod, interesting car, but there are some problems
  1. the suspension is too stiff for such a car
  2. the shadows on the windshield seem to be inverted
KQuMKQtTqd.jpg

The mod uses a sound file from AE86 Tuned and Skyline GT-R 34 which are a part of the Japanese Pack DLC. In such case if you do not own those packs the mod will refuse to work as the files are not present. The quickest way to fix it would be to purchase the pack. The cheapest way to fix it however would be to just simply replace the Sound of the car in CSP. I can try to patch this issue by packing the sound files with the mod but no promises if this will work on the first try :)

Azazman updated Polonez Caro with a new update entry:

Polonez Caro 1.4

The update focuses mostly on the interior features of the car.

Previously retextured radio was moved to the Extra toggle and it is now independent from the headlights.

Switches on the dashboard got some love too. Now they properly light up whenever the headlights are on.
View attachment 614740
View attachment 614739

The other neat thing in the interior is a fully functional dome light (at last :D) . Pressing the Extra B bind will now light up the interior of the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

This car not work for me too because I do not own Japanese Pack DLC. I just can't drive cars with right side steering. I Do not understand this kind of sharing, but I can live without this mod, it was just waste of time to try it, thanks for nothing.

Azazman updated Polonez Caro with a new update entry:

Polonez Caro 1.5

This update focuses mostly on the Wangan version. I was not aware of the terrible terrible and ultimately unpredictable handling that the car had initially. Now the Wangan should be more in line to your standard SRP car experience. The 1.3 bar of turbo brought up the engine up to roughly 750hp. The suspension should also be softer. Rear differential was fixed too, the car can now properly slide around some low and high speed corners. V-max went up to 360 km/h.

Other fixes boil down to the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

There are a few issues (v1.5):
- "Car parent is missing" for two of the four variations
- "Invalid weight" and a few other "errors" if analyzed with CM
- (at least on my rig) brakes lock and tyres squeal at the slightest touch
- automatic upshifting not working (car goes on the revs red zone but no gear change)

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea