Poll for CCGEP users

Does LCD screen work correctly for you with CCGEP?

• I run CCGEP+DX9 LCD works correctly, NVidia GPU

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • I run CCGEP+DX9 LCD works correctly, AMD GPU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I run CCGEP+DX9 LCD DOES NOT work correctly, NVidia GPU

• I run CCGEP+DX9 LCD DOES NOT work correctly, AMD GPU

• I run CCGEP+DXVK - LCD works correctly, NVidia GPU

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • I run CCGEP+DXVK - LCD works correctly, AMD GPU

• I run CCGEP+DXVK LCD DOES NOT work correctly, NVidia GPU

• I run CCGEP+DXVK LCD DOES NOT work correctly, AMD GPU

• I run CCGEP with other GPU, please share your experience in the comment

• Total voters
Some CCGEP users report difficulties getting LCD screen to work. I cannot reproduce problem myself, and I tried all GPUs (Nvidia, AMD and Intel).

I am trying to understand:
* how widespread the problem is
* perhaps there's something specific about the problematic configuration.

Please, vote and if you have issues post a comment telling me what OS+driver are you running. Thank you!

Last edited:
if you are driving modern cars in cockpit view, it is impossible to miss - you'll see RPM bar but no numbers/digits ;) You can simulate this problem by running the vanilla game in 16bit color. Thanks man.
In the FIA GTE Series 2018 - Le Mans 24h GTE-LM 2018 - Aston Martin Vantage GTE-LM, the lcd works (32bit color).

I did notice that my bind for switching the lcd mode triggers 'keypresses' too quickly and it's hard to just change one mode at a time. I think we had this problem before with CCGE keypresses for other things like headlights, etc.

Do I have to test 16bit color? lol It's not even an option for me.

Okay I did have 800x600x16bit wow it's a postage stamp. It appeared the LCD was working fine.

Last edited:
I did notice that my bind for switching the lcd mode triggers 'keypresses' too quickly and it's hard to just change one mode at a time. I think we had this problem before with CCGE keypresses for other things like headlights, etc.
I have code that handles that binding, but apparently it does not work perfectly under some circumstances :( What do you use for binding, do you bind Joystick button press directly? I use Joy2Key and then assign Keyboard presses for "Previous LCD Page", "Next LCD Page" and many other bindings. I use J2K because most of controls in my setup do not get picked up by GTR2 otherwise.

And, decoupled input is enabled and you have frame limit set (vsync decoupled physics)? Without vsync mode this won't work and if decoupled input is not used there's no special code running.

Now that you said it, I am not sure MRW cars are affected, I wonder if it only happens with stock GTR2 cars in 16bit color. If that is the case that would be great, because that means that problem can be addressed by fixing cars, which is million times easier than via the plugin.

BTW, did you enable Enhanced motec via genstring? Check it out you might be surprised ;) AM is one of the cars that has spin/lock indicators IRL and in that mod.

Last edited:
Not sure if it is related, but I used to get this same problem with Race07. Some video modes would work and others not. And it wasn't 16bit or 32bit either. It seemed to be associated with any widescreen resolutions, standard old-school resolutions like 1024x768 or 800x600 worked fine. Ever since updating from the old RX580 to an Nvidia 3060 the problem has disappeared.

Not sure if it is related, but I used to get this same problem with Race07. Some video modes would work and others not. And it wasn't 16bit or 32bit either. It seemed to be associated with any widescreen resolutions, standard old-school resolutions like 1024x768 or 800x600 worked fine. Ever since updating from the old RX580 to an Nvidia 3060 the problem has disappeared.
good to know. Thanks. FWIW I tested 1080p with RX 580 and it works for me, but unlike with Nvidia, I had to delete Config.ini especially after driver update. But I think poll is pretty indicative that I should just chill and enjoy the game.

Last edited:
It would be nice to better understand the relationship between Windows generating the video modes list and Directx using them. There is a bit of mystery as to whether all Directx functionality can be used in all modes. I suffered a few days of testing recently by trying to create a custom resolution to avoid using Nvidia surround, ultimately ending with me beating my head on the desk.

wow it's a postage stamp

You would have to alter the scaling in either the monitor or vid drivers to get 800x600 full screen.

In many cases of black screen, partial or full, I've found vid driver settings are the culprit.

I'll test this with CCGEP when I can, and let you know. I'm on AMD (RX580).

Like Speednut, though, I struggle with in-game MoTeC LCD screens not working in RACE 07 (vanilla or modded with Race Remaster) – seemingly regardless of video settings. Once or twice I managed to get the problem to disappear, but I tried everything... and I couldn't tell you what I did. Besides, the problem sometimes re-appeared later (e.g. if adding another mod). Very frustrating... and this issue is definitely one of the reasons I play RACE 07 infrequently. :(

I just recently had the issue with GTR 2 for the first time. I installed a fresh 100% vanilla copy through Steam (no patches or fixes) because I wanted to create a dedicated 2000s DTM install. Before adding mods, I verified everything worked OK (including LCDs). I then added some old mods from esportracing [dot] de – a DTM 2005 mod, an Audi TT-R 2003 DTM mod, and tracks for the 2005 season. I booted the game, and the LCDs were now non-functional. :( Strangely, I added the same mods to my HQ/Anniversary/Crew Chief GTR2 install, and the LCDs work. So weird.

Last edited:
Strangely, I added the same mods to my HQ/Anniversary/Crew Chief GTR2 install, and the LCDs work. So weird.
That is not weird - CCGEP actively tries to fix video mode setting in multiple ways, so my question is not about Vanilla GTR2 or about related games, it is specifically about my plugin and problematic configurations.

I have two people with AMD cards reporting this issue. Since I can't reproduce it on RX 580, I am trying to understand if there's something special about their configuration. One of the people reported interesting thing - he claims it works if window is not borderless.

Let me know how it goes with RX 580.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes