Playstation 4 Release?

couldn't find a general chat to add this, move or delete if you want.
heard this is coming to the ps4, cannot wait to do some sim racing on my home tv. hope when it comes out proper we can arrange a ps4 league, would be epic :)

Dan

I haven't heard that but as long as the core game and physics are the same I'm for it. I won't be buying it since that would be a massive step down from my current setup. But would allow more people on a tighter budget to get it and put more cash in Kunos pockets.

There's probably no reason why there couldn't be a cut down version for consoles but I'd guess here are licensing issues and the model consoles use is bringing out a new version of the game every year or two which is different from the way PC sims do things. We probably won't be seeing assetto corsa 2 for a decade or so, we certainly won't be seeing AC 2015, 2016, 2017 and so on.

I think if you want to get into sim racing proper you just have to move to PC.

Im not sure its as simple to port a bespoke PC title to console, as it is the other way round.
As long as it doesnt compromise the PC version going forward, either in available PC development funds or they start dev'ing at console levels, then good on them for the extra revenue PS4 might draw.

couldn't find a general chat to add this, move or delete if you want.
heard this is coming to the ps4, cannot wait to do some sim racing on my home tv. hope when it comes out proper we can arrange a ps4 league, would be epic :)

Dan
As has been mentioned I think you have got your wires crossed on this one. Project Cars is supposed to be coming to console, not AC. I think when questioned about it on Twitter last year they said 'We haven't finished it on PC yet and the PS4 isn't out yet, nothing to see here, move along', so not an outright 'no', but even the craziest ps4 optimist would find little hope in that answer.

I think that any PC sim would drown and get lost on a console. Anyone remember the disaster of the Race Pro release on the xbox? True, the game itself was in a horrible state in terms of it having more bugs than the rain forest. However I believe it was a commercial disaster.

I think that any PC sim would drown and get lost on a console. Anyone remember the disaster of the Race Pro release on the xbox? True, the game itself was in a horrible state in terms of it having more bugs than the rain forest. However I believe it was a commercial disaster.

I was thinking of that when I saw this thread. That game didn't seem to please anyone and it suffered badly having to compete with Forza.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back