Tracks Placing trees in blender

how do you guys place trees in blender? I'm trying to place a lot of trees around this forest road that I'm working on. but there is no specific/efficient way I can think of doing it

Use the particles system. Create vertex group on your terrain where you want to plant trees. There are many, many other parameters to set, I'm sure there's a tutorial about this somewhere. It's important that you set the tree objects origin at the base of the trunk. This is what will determine the height location by the particle system on the terrain map

I only recently stumbled across this stock Blender plugin:

Seems to work reasonably well if the area isn't too big

Last edited:
Use the particles system. Create vertex group on your terrain where you want to plant trees. There are many, many other parameters to set, I'm sure there's a tutorial about this somewhere. It's important that you set the tree objects origin at the base of the trunk. This is what will determine the height location by the particle system on the terrain map
I'd actually recommend going with a geometry node setup instead of a particle system at this point. Seems a bit easier to control once you've learned the system

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 71 29.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 49 20.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 50 20.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 30 12.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 5.8%