Pirelli tweak tyre markings for 2012

This is absolutely wrong strategy for me :( The races from the season start were incredible because of that big margin between compounds and the fast degradation. 10 seconds gap was nothing if you stay 2-3 laps longer. I think Pirelli started to turn slightly to Bridgestone. I remember it was 2 stops strategy in 2009 and became 1 in 2010 and let's face - it was boring. Thanks God we had Kobayashi at some tracks :)

Thank God for Perez one stopping like a boss.

That proved it wasn't the best strategy. Yeah it probably worked well in Australia but on tracks with higher tyre wear it wasn't possible. I remember Di Resta tried 1 stopper at Singapore but it didn't work well and he switched to 2 stops.

I think sometimes the hard tyres were way slower than intended. Catalunya comes to mind; I think they were 1.5s slower than the softs. I think what Pirelli should do is make the primes about 1s slower than the options. This way running mostly on primes becomes a viable strategy instead of only one (short) stint on primes like we had for most of last year.

But it looks like Pirelli is in danger of making the performance gap too small and the degradation too predictable.

In Catalunya there were Softs and Hards so I think the gap was good because there is the Medium compound between and if the gap was 1 second how big should be the gap between meds and softs?

Last year's hard tyre has been completely removed.
Apparently this is roughly the plan for the tyres:

2012 Hard = 2011 Medium
2012 Medium = 2011 Soft
2012 Soft = 2011 S.Soft
2012 S.Soft = Even softer

Last year's hard tyre has been completely removed.
Apparently this is roughly the plan for the tyres:

2012 Hard = 2011 Medium
2012 Medium = 2011 Soft
2012 Soft = 2011 S.Soft
2012 S.Soft = Even softer

SS has not been changed as far as i know. I think it´s great to see softer tires because it allows for quicker times.
Seeing the cars run on a full tank the first few laps is heartbreaking enough :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back