Picked up this game again

Installed 10 year patch and 2005 season. Dlded shovas ffb from his page and boy am I having fun doing the NGT in 2003 with the 360!
This game is so much fun. Now I need to get it running in VR.

But loving it already! Amazing offline experience and some seriously good looking quick cars!

Slight issues I am having:
the driving school disappeared for me. Anyone know how to fix it?

Also, I would like to feel self aligning torque more. What parameter in the ffb file sould I increase?

And the car on straights seems to be bouncing slightly up and down. Really annoying. Got world movement at 100% and the others at zero so no idea how to correct this. This is my biggest complain.

The AI seems to like to ram me to the point where I can't race them without fearing for my ride. Gt cars are the worse. Iget a blue flag and they just ram me off the track. Like it takes the AI 2 secs to understand what I am doing... are there any parameters where we can lower aggression? I have it on real but it is still too much imho.

Last edited:
I have included the fix above in v9.11 as I can't reduce bumps much more otherwise ffb will become dull.
I noticed that "seasick" effect increases with low FOV values like 30 and under : is it your case ?

ok, sadly the changes don't seem to have affected the weird behaviour. I did finish the race at Magny cours and the AI was miles behind me. As in, I finished 30 secs ahead of second place and qualified 9th. There seems to be a problem with finishing the qualifying early. AI was lapping around 1:49´1:50 and when I pressed to finish qualifying I went from first to 9th. I was lapping very lows 1:47 and I had a couple of 1:46s and 1:45s.
Good I thought. It is going to be a challenge. During the race they were lapping around 1:50 all the time. Except when I presed finish race then some did trheir last lap in 1:42!!! In an NGT... And they finished 30 seconds behind me. Which makes total sense XD.

One real issue I came across, I notice that my wheel sometimes gives the indication that rear tyres are coming lose when they are not. I should be feeling the wheel becoming heavier and instead I just feel a constant force that seems to be telling me the rear wheels are skidding... Any idea why?

Re qualifying, never finish/skip qualifying, always use time acceleration. This allows all AI to get in their best possible times. If you don't do this it can screw up the game and you can get a random grid position and AI will probably be weird. It's a known issue with the game.

Is your PLR grip factor at 1.0 (ie. forces only from front tires) ?

You can try playing with grip weight as that controls how much grip plays a part in ffb. You will find it changes the way grip is conveyed and you might prefer it differently than what you have right now.

I am slowly getting back into the game and I don't have that much time to play with it (sadly). Tonight or tomorrow I will try with Normal and HQ cars and tracks.

For now, my results are with one HQ car and track.

@Shovas, yeah. I will tweak these settings a bit and see if it improves. It feels very odd. You are sporting a DD wheel and I am using a belt driven CSW so this could be the difference.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back