Pick up racing is here!

Studio 397 has done something great, but they don't promote it adequately (or at all as far as I see):

There are three kind of hourly races now in the Competition System:
- Tatuus F3
- Formula Vee
- Porsche Cup
Short qualy + 15 minutes race (plus 10 minutes of warm up which seems to be a bit too much). I think people don't really know about this, but it could really boost the online life in the sim. Now there are 6-7 people in the evening hours (Euro time zone). So spread the word, get some people in. This could be really good.

Last edited by a moderator:
What silverstone config and which tatuus car is used for the tatuus races? It doesn't say on rf2 menus nothing except "silverstone". What kind of acrobatics does it take to join these races? Rf2 usually being pure frustration I wonder if there is a guide somewhere how to get in because I doubt it just works.

Last edited:
What silverstone config and which tatuus car is used for the tatuus races? It doesn't say on rf2 menus nothing except "silverstone". What kind of acrobatics does it take to join these races? Rf2 usually being pure frustration I wonder if there is a guide somewhere how to get in because I doubt it just works.
If it's Silverstone, it is one of the layouts available in the S397 version of Silverstone. Racing via the comp system is rather straight forward. You sign up for a series, the UI will check your car/track inventory to ensure you have the proper track & car. In this case, all the Tatuus & Silverstone are free and pushed via Steam to everyone who owns rF2. Then, anytime within 15 minutes prior to the start of the race or qualifying, you click the join and when the countdown timer reaches zero, you will be logged in.

If it's Silverstone, it is one of the layouts available in the S397 version of Silverstone. Racing via the comp system is rather straight forward. You sign up for a series, the UI will check your car/track inventory to ensure you have the proper track & car. In this case, all the Tatuus & Silverstone are free and pushed via Steam to everyone who owns rF2. Then, anytime within 15 minutes prior to the start of the race or qualifying, you click the join and when the countdown timer reaches zero, you will be logged in.
thanks. But which silverstone layout is it? Where do I see that?

Studio 397 has done something great, but they don't promote it adequately (or at all as far as I see):

One of the reasons you don't see it being promoted much here from the rF2 (in addition to S397 not promoting it much themselves), is that it ends up being a competition to our own RD-hosted races. We would like to see more people race online, but also wouldn't want to lose drivers.

thanks. But which silverstone layout is it? Where do I see that?
I went and took a look and found the same experience. I left a question for the Blog on the 'other' site but I don't expect an answer until the next blog comes out. I guess the best answer, for now, is to subscribe to a series which will download any content you will need, then join, enter one of the many qualification sessions and then you will know. I would GUESS, that if only Silverstone is listed, it would be the full GP circuit. But that is only a GUESS!!!!

I went and took a look and found the same experience. I left a question for the Blog on the 'other' site but I don't expect an answer until the next blog comes out. I guess the best answer, for now, is to subscribe to a series which will download any content you will need, then join, enter one of the many qualification sessions and then you will know. I would GUESS, that if only Silverstone is listed, it would be the full GP circuit. But that is only a GUESS!!!!
Looking at lap times it is not the gp version, it is one of the shorter ones

just subscribe the content in the competition page and select that series, you will have the correct layout selected for offline practice, with default realroad which is used in the CS
So I'd guess the series is conveniently named "cs_msv20_1310"... of course, what else would it be called.

Apparently when you state a date like "October 14 - October 20" that does not include october 20 in rf2 world? No upcoming races in the tatuus msv20 anymore? Sp the competition system also allowed me to sign in to series that has no upcoming sessions. Great job. If any s397 coders are reading there is thing called if clause in most programming languages that allows you to check if x thing is true before presenting an option to the end user. There is also the case option should you prefer that.

This system that just reeks of incompetence. This is supposed to be the saviour of rf2? No wonder only 6-7 people are playing it. I read that as 5 devs and 2 paying customers.

Anyways I did handful of laps. Did a 52.9. Is that time comparable to the times shown in standings screen?

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back