Pessio Garage Ape Proto "Terrorcarro"

Cars Pessio Garage Ape Proto "Terrorcarro" beta

Login or Register an account to download this content
Pessio submitted a new resource:

Pessio Garage Ape Proto "Terrorcarro" - Pessio Garage Ape Proto "Terrorcarro"

Took a Piaggio Ape three-wheeled motorcar. Trash all but the cab.
Build a pseudo-random tubular frame around it.
Secure somehow a Hornet 600 engine on it.
Done, enjoy the power.

Started as a real fast start-to-end project, I became more and more involved in it.
Physics speaking, is sitting nicely in the middle of rear behavior and fun.
With its huge rear slicks and stupid swing suspensions, and only a scooter wheel to steer it, you can expect no steering at all, then sudden extra oversteer...

Read more about this resource...

acs20210120154135bgk31.png

acs20210120154223kok80.png

Brillant, stupendous fun.

Thanks Pessio
My only request.......could you put a light in the instrument pod? It's sometimes hard to see the instruments against the black dash.

I think the physics of this car are more resource-demanding than other cars. I got a couple of freezes when driving it uphill in Trento Bondone, something that doesn't happen very frequently.

I think the physics of this car are more resource-demanding than other cars. I got a couple of freezes when driving it uphill in Trento Bondone, something that doesn't happen very frequently.
Physics are pretty much standard.. i don't think so.. no problems here, but my pc is a beefy one. Maybe are the extra animations needed to move pieces?

Perhaps, I don't really know. I should try the car in other tracks and see. My PC is pretty crap though. 5 year old build, so maybe that's the problem.

EDIT - Well, I can definitely confirm this car gives me way more lag spikes than any other car. I do get small freezing in AC from time to time, but with this car it's particularly bad.

91b9658e9725de7c518c7f166ac10978.png

Last edited:
Love this little Ape Proto. Thank you so much for making it.

I am currently addictive to driving this Ape Proto that also goes along with my recent obsession with Nissan Deltawing and the Trivette/Vigillante. Once I got past what people wrote about understeering.. and just feel how the car drives, it is so .. ?? I do not know how to describe it.. the steering, though light, is actually pretty communicative. It would tell you when the grip got exceeded and then you can ease up on the brake, or steering, or add a bit throttle to rotate. Yes, it rotates. If you do not overcook the entry speed, it will turn in. But the best way, I found, to drive it is to get mostly done with the braking and downshifting before turning in, or simply downshift to the right gear. And use the throttle to steer/set the car in the turn. It glides. And never, the rear end never come around under braking. If you mash the throttle in the mid or exit of a turn it would bite, over-rotate. But one should never work the brake or throttle abruptly in the mid-turn anyway. So controllable, so rewarding .. and so much fun.

Still I am so amazed that these delta trike works and that they work in AC. And if this is indeed how they work in real life. I want to build a delta trike, seems this can be an even lighter Lotus/Caterham 7.

do you think you would be able to get steering animation in my chopper re-mod builds ?I am humblegeorge and you can find me on my youtube channel .Any help would be fantastic.Thank you.

Attachments

• custom_showroom_1677767882 (24).png
    custom_showroom_1677767882 (24).png
    992.6 KB · Views: 38

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 15 20.8%