Performance in multiplayer

Hi all,

I noticed a performence hit by playing in MP.
With 20 or + cars on a grid, I have a lot of small stutters. In the pits, it's awfull.
I'm playing with a 120Hz Monitor and have 60 FPS +/- (50FPS at the start) and 70 or more during the race.

In Turns, the stutters are bigger (big issue in Magione)

When I'm alone on track (test) It's smooth (or quite smooth, I still have stutters when I turn on Magione)

my config:
i7-3770K, 4x3.50GHz / GTX 780 3GB
IIYAMA 27",120Hz, 1920*1080
Volant G27 / Win7-64 bits

Do you experience such issues?

Thanks for your feedback.

@Scott Webber

Have you tried previous Graphics drivers, sometimes AMD's drivers can have issues with particular hardware combo's. I use to run AMD cards but had so much drama with new drivers failing to run properly I got real pissed off and went back to nVidia, haven't had any drama's since. Currently running a GTX 770 4Gig and it's Awesome.
yep ran two old drivers before, same issue, i may go back atleast 4 drivers and see

It's interesting to see the various performance issues on different yet some powerful hardware.

In SP I get lots of CPU utilization prompts at the top of the screen. Yet last night in the RD Club race I had non with 23 cars on the grid.

Sound crackles when there's a lot going on though.

@Scott Webber have you tried switching vsync off?

You would use more CPU power in SP. Your CPU isn't controlling AI in MP :)

I have a 2500k@4.3ghz and 460's in SLI. Now for most games setting vsync to on works best, but for AC I have it off and use the in game frame cap to 90 fps. Now I rarely get 90 frames, but it runs a hell if a lot smoother with vsync off, even when the frames drop. My top tip for AC is if you're used to using vsync for smooth results with other games, try frame cap instead, just set it for some multiple of 30 above 60fps for best results.

I have a 2500k@4.3ghz and 460's in SLI. Now for most games setting vsync to on works best, but for AC I have it off and use the in game frame cap to 90 fps. Now I rarely get 90 frames, but it runs a hell if a lot smoother with vsync off, even when the frames drop. My top tip for AC is if you're used to using vsync for smooth results with other games, try frame cap instead, just set it for some multiple of 30 above 60fps for best results.

This works for a lot of dudes, 50fps or 100fps seems to work also ;)

Hmm, vSync works best for me (GTX 780). Without I get occasional frame drops, jitter. I have tried a number different settings and methods - in game (frame cap, and other setting by trial and error), NVidia Inspector, MSI Afterburner, etc. but always come back to enabling vSync. AC looks great and runs smooth.

Different people will always find different things work better, Vsync works fine for me too, but I didn't want to suffer the input lag that can cause on this game. My reactions are slow enough as it is.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back