Performance Assetto Corsa GTX 1050 TI

Performance Aseetto Corsa.

I have Windows 10.
Intel Core 2 quad.
CPU Q9550 2.83GHZ.
6 GB RAM
GTX 1050 TI.

I get 32 FPS at the start and 42 ~ 45 constants in the race with 20 cars.
No matter what wick in the settings, it always holds this value.
Being 10 or 20 cars.

Is this the maximum amount I can reach?
My Game Settings:

upload_2017-6-3_20-15-14.png

upload_2017-6-3_20-12-16.png

upload_2017-6-3_20-12-39.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-3_20-11-55.png
    upload_2017-6-3_20-11-55.png
    607.4 KB · Views: 1,191
Reflection Quality + Rendering Frequency and AA are the big ones you could turn down. If you drop the Frequency to 'Static' you probably get 50% more fps. Just lose out on live reflections.

My advice would be to download open Hardware Monitor, play a few minutes and then have a look at the CPU and GPU load.
While the 1050 ti might not be the strongest card out there, I think it's you "old" Core 2 quad that is limiting :(
Try to lower shadows and reflexions, afaik these 2 settings have a impact on the CPU.

If you want to test it the "simple way": put the Resolution to 800x600 (or the lowest your monitor can handle). Resolution reduces the gpu load but CPU stays the same!

You really should find out if the CPU or gpu is the limiting factor before you buy anything.
Friend of mine had a 9300 and a gtx 760. Only got around 50 fps in cs:go.
After upgrading to a used I7 2600k he got around 200 fps, same gtx 760!

If the graphic settings are not increasing your fps dramatically it's a sign that it might be the Core 2 quad that is limiting!

If you want to have gaming as a hobby for a long time I would !always! recommend a Intel i5 or i7 that can be overclocked (k behind the name). Even if you don't want that yet, it's good to have the option in a few years!
There are two possibilities:
1. Buy a used i5/i7, mentioned friend above got a I7 2600k with Asus motherboard, 8 GB RAM and scythe mugen cooler for 150€!
2. Buy a new one but spend much more money :(
(3. Buy one of the new AMD's)

Why that: The Intel i's (sandy Bridge, 2xxx series and newer) are known to be almost undying and are only around 20% slower for gaming compared to the current ones!
Overclocking: I didn't oc mine until a year ago (bought in early 2011). I just didn't need to. But then there came a few games where I wanted more and I could have it. Friend of mine has/had the "non k" I7 2600k, wanted to have +200 fps in cs:go, couldn't oc it, bought a new one. Spent 400€ instead of 40€ for the "k".

Last edited:
If you want to have gaming as a hobby for a long time I would !always! recommend a Intel i5 or i7 that can be overclocked (k behind the name). Even if you don't want that yet, it's good to have the option in a few years!
There are two possibilities:
1. Buy a used i5/i7, mentioned friend above got a I7 2600k with Asus motherboard, 8 GB RAM and scythe mugen cooler for 150€!
2. Buy a new one but spend much more money :(
(3. Buy one of the new AMD's)

Why that: The Intel i's (sandy Bridge, 2xxx series and newer) are known to be almost undying and are only around 20% slower for gaming compared to the current ones!
Overclocking: I didn't oc mine until a year ago (bought in early 2011). I just didn't need to. But then there came a few games where I wanted more and I could have it. Friend of mine has/had the "non k" I7 2600k, wanted to have +200 fps in cs:go, couldn't oc it, bought a new one. Spent 400€ instead of 40€ for the "k".
Xeons can also pack a huge punch and its seriously cheap for the X5000 series

Good advice from RasmusP .....If you have any plans for VR ...best to go with a Haswell processor (4th gen). Maybe, sell your PC and look for a second hand gaming PC with no gpu...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back