Peoples opinion now of AC physics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Msportdan

@Simberia
Ive been watching a few of these RL vs AV comparison videos, an I'm surprised to see how much AC resembles the movements, corrections and handling of the real life videos. What are peoples opinion of AC latest physics and realism. Of course taking away the AI, is this a contender for most "authentic handling sim" in peoples opinion (not mine) I'm intrigued?

Last edited:
lol those gifs prove literally nothing. any number of assists could be active, or in the case of the second one, almost certainly virtual steering wheel animation limit is enabled to create that comical video.

good work as always though adding value to the discussion :rolleyes:

actually wait, the 2 members you are following tell me that you are an expert on simulation value, my bad.

hard to tell if you have an agenda or are just in it for the number of "haha" etc. ratings on your posts, either way, the dedication is impressive/sad :thumbsup:

lol those gifs prove literally nothing. any number of assists could be active, or in the case of the second one, almost certainly virtual steering wheel animation limit is enabled to create that comical video.

There were no aids, either any tricks on those gifs. That's usually the physics behavior everyone gets on AC, long slides and easy saves, so I'm surprised you find them comical.

There were no aids, either any tricks on those gifs. That's usually the physics behavior everyone gets on AC, long slides and easy saves, so I'm surprised you find them comical.
People usually drift like this with this car, this is the most recent video I could find to post here (starts from 0:30). This is the drift tuned version of the E30.

It has nothing to do with the steering inputs from your gif:
https://embed.gyazo.com/d2484984b662ebc1edc59c5fb8981f0a.mp4

Could you do a proper video and record the beginning of the drift until the end of the drift? Preferably with the pedals app on screen.

Last edited:
What people fail to explain here is that Assetto Corsa can be tweaked so that it feels like a true simulation or a simcade. Even the developers said it themselves.
AC is "open" to EVERYBODY.
If you enable ALL driving assists, it's actually pretty "easy" to drive, and yet more pleasant than Project CARS.
Disable them ALL, and you get one of the most realistic simulators out there.
(I leave some settings on "factory" though)

Therefore...
Anti-AC people set the game so that it plays like a simcade, they enable all the driving assists, they put videos of it all over the web, and say "look! the physics are so unrealistic! It sucks compared to rFactor 2!! Buy rfactor 2 instead!!!"
I've seen them doing it since 2 years now.
I guess you can say it's similar to what scammers do.

Remember the infamous comments on youtube, on EVERY assetto corsa video, which said "wow this game sucks compared to X-motor racing! It doesn't even have night and rain! Buy x-motor racing instead!"
Well rFactor 2 fanboys do the EXACT same thing, on most websites.
https://www.reddit.com/r/simracing/comments/2i8o2w/we_should_boycott_x_motor_racing/
Seriously, these guys were EVERYWHERE, harassing Assetto Corsa as much as they could.

It makes one wonder about the rFactor 2 "community".
;)

Edit : this comment will get a "ha ha" from "Associat0r", "Eduard Mallorquí", and "
David Dominguez" in 3...2...1...
(the x motor racing dream team!:roflmao:)

Last edited:
Therefore...
Anti-AC people set the game so that it plays like a simcade, they enable all the driving assists, they put videos of it all over the web, and say "look! the physics are so unrealistic! It sucks compared to rFactor 2!! Buy rfactor 2 instead!!!"
I've seen them doing it since 2 years now.
I guess you can say it's similar to what scammers do.

Do you have any evidence that this is the case of the gifs that were posted here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes