Penalty in practice mode?

Hey guys.
I have not been driving AC for a while now.
As far as I remember, there where penalties in hotlap mode (of course), but none in practice mode.
Now, if i get off the track in practice, i'm also being penalised.
Is this new, or am I just missing something in the options?

Edit: Oh!!! I understood! I have to give negative value (- 1). :x3::whistling:
:D

default set to 2 should mean no penalty
edit: mine is set to 2 and there is a penalty...weird
No, the penalties are disabled with that value set to -1. With 2 the penalties are on.
It's all kind of misleading though. The variable name suggests, that you can leave the track with 2 wheels, but going wide even with just one wheel triggers the penalty...
Oh, well - it's still a beta (explanation good for anything :p).

I tried to change "ALLOWED_TYRES_OUT" to -1, but wouldnt recommend that step to anybody honestly.
Now i cant change car or track... Doesnt matter which car or track i choose, I'll always end up with the Lotus Elise SC at Maggione.
No idea what went wrong, but I have even got less ideas how to fix that, though changing the value back to "2" did not help...

I tried to change "ALLOWED_TYRES_OUT" to -1, but wouldnt recommend that step to anybody honestly.
Now i cant change car or track... Doesnt matter which car or track i choose, I'll always end up with the Lotus Elise SC at Maggione.
No idea what went wrong, but I have even got less ideas how to fix that, though changing the value back to "2" did not help...

Please write it here: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...slow-down-active-in-practice.4226/#post-44281

I had the same problem, I don't know why but the solution for me was to delete the AC folder in my documents, and then modify the "allowed_tyres.......".

Now it works fine and the penality is disabled in practice!

Just editing the .ini file worked for me.

I think few settings just switch to default on update, and you may need to re-select your desired settings again

For instance I have just done some Hot Laps, the ghosts were enabled. I dislike ghosts and always disable them. I checked the settings and ghosts were selected off, yet they were on in reality.

Simply switching them on then off again fixed it ....

hello there. my problem is the same but it happens only in online mode and not in all tracks. now we are on a track that even if you touch the kerb, penalty is on. but its only happening in practice mode. during race mode, penalty is off.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back