Pedals, wheel, rim arriving Friday(17th)... Tips for 1st time set up please...

Fanatec components/ V3 pedals, 2.5WB, Porsche rim, and Podium shiny objects... (I had Logitech wheel/pedals a LONG time ago & little used.)

I've never set up sim components before. Any little tips and tricks that can eliminate my natural inclination to finds ways to somehow screw up first time installs of stuff would be really appreciated.

The car sims I have already installed on my PC... AC, ACC, and Automobilista 2. My home-built PC is quite fast, with components listed below in 'sig'.

I DL'd and installed Fanatec driver 365 and Fanalab 1.23. We'll see what happens...

I thought I had the rim attached to the WB... but it comes right off! What's up w/ that? Ok, all set now, I hope.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is the Podium Endurance compatible with CSW 2.5? I remember reading that they haven't added support yet.

I don't know yet. I don't remember seeing anything official on the Fanatec site about that, but maybe I missed it.

Rim attached to hub attached to wheel attached to desk clamp attached to desk. One thing that's awkward is attaching the various cables to the WB. I'll set up pedals later today after the F1 race.

My first reaction to the setup is that my current PC at the computer desk is probably no longer going to be for PC tasks. It's a PITA to remove the desk clamp/WB/rim. I'm in the process now of getting my current laptop in the dining room set up for 95% of my PC work/reading/music.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
CS V3 pedals I will connect directly to USB on my PC, not to the WB by RJ45.

Wheelbase ports:
Power, ...check

**Data, ...confused here...says connect by RJ45 to LED display... Huh? Does that mean to the Button Module LED screen? I see no connector there, just the one already connected from Podium hub to the Button Module... HELP.....**
Is this not needed as it is the Podium hub, not the standard one which connects a bit differently?

Pedal, ... empty/not used, as I connected by USB directly from pedals to PC/USB, check

Shifter 2, ... Empty, nothing to connect there

Shifter 1, ... Empty, nothing to connect there

USB, ... to PC/USB, check

HELP......................... HELP...............................HELP.................

Upvote 0
I connected both USB cables (one from pedals, one from WB) to my 3.1 USB hub, and turned on the WB and shut both eyes....

Rim turned several times, cool.

And in 'Devices', I see Clubsport pedals and Clubsport wheel base....

I'll start setting up/adjusting in a bit... need a break.

Upvote 0
First time using Fanatec WB2.5, Porsche wheel, Podium hub, V3 CS pedals. All installed and working. In Fanatec wheel program I centered the wheel.

With Fanalab prog went into ACC/practice/beginner. Steering was working. Went to options/controls, looking around. Clicked on 'steering wheel' and the 3 small blue dots in that box turned red. Clicked on it again and turned blue with one dot in the 'wheel' window.

Back into ACC, and I can physically turn the rim, but in the game the steering wheel does not turn at all.... Help, please.

Upvote 0
I've not experienced any issues like that, but am a new user like yourself. I think to see where the issue is, I'd first go into the Fanatec Wheel Properties (Not FanaLab) and see if the wheel is detected. If so, does it register movement?

If everything is good there, then it's obviously an ACC thing. I didn't have to do much to get things working in ACC.

Start the game, selection Options then Controller. Enure that Wheel is selected (RED) at the top of the screen.

There are presets on the bottom left, Load the most appropriate. I'm not sure if these do more than set the buttons, but I would change it and then change it back.

Top left on this screen is a set of options, steer, throttle, brake etc. Do these all state your wheel base? Does moving the wheel or pressing pedals register?

Upvote 0
All set for rim...figured it out.

* When I need to apply medium strong to strong brake pressure, the pedal base literally lifts up from front to back. This is the major problem...

* I find the throttle and brake pedals too close together. Hope there's a way to space them out more. Possibly remove the clutch pedal?

* At this point as a beginning driver, I don't like having to apply so much brake pressure to slow down.

* I haven't really changed much in the settings, but they surely need adjusting.

Upvote 0
All set for rim...figured it out.

* When I need to apply medium strong to strong brake pressure, the pedal base literally lifts up from front to back. This is the major problem...1. Mount CSP v3 firmly (4 bolts) to a piece of 1/2"-3/4" Plywood long enough to reach under your desk to wall (which will act like a stop and the board will be long enough to also prevent the CSP v3 from lifting)

* I find the throttle and brake pedals too close together. Hope there's a way to space them out more. Possibly remove the clutch pedal? 1. Offset the Std. Pedal Plates to the Left on Brake and Clutch (one hole)
2. Use the D-Pads on your brake and clutch (they are narrower)
* At this point as a beginning driver, I don't like having to apply so much brake pressure to slow down.
1. The brake pedal will only get stiffer with Performance Kit, but with much less travel (might help with lifting??)
* I haven't really changed much in the settings, but they surely need adjusting.
1. Skip FanaLab Software at present (it is beta) and do your setting from wheel and driver pages.
Questions:
What wheel rim are you running? CSW Porche 918 RSR or CSW Porche 911 GT3 R
If it is the CSW Porche 911 GT3 R w/ PodiumButton Module Endurance. " Note: While the Podium Hub is fully supported by our CSL and ClubSport wheel bases, the Podium Button Module Endurance is currently only compatible with the Podium Series direct drive systems. Compatibility to other Fanatec wheel bases will be added in future firmware updates. "

Hope this helps somewhat:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey everyone...

It is with sadness that I decided yesterday to return all my sim car components to Fanatec (if they will take them back...they're tough on returns, time-wise... have just 14 days. I'm within that time-frame but they're often slow about getting back to customer's inquiries/issues). If they don't accept the return, then I'll sell it all here.

I only used the equipment for about an hour or so. The whole setup from the beginning was a compromised installation. The wheelbase/rim attached to the desk with a clamp and with the pedals on a carpeted floor I quickly realized wasn't going to be a good situation long-term for me.

I'm thinking next year I can very possibly carve out some space in the finished basement for a rig and do this right.

I will stick around in the forums, as it is fun here. Thanks for all the help. Lots of great people, and I appreciate you putting up with my noob'ish lack of knowledge (though getting better every day.)

-Brian

Go Patriots, go Tampa Bay!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back