Pedals, wheel, rim arriving Friday(17th)... Tips for 1st time set up please...

Fanatec components/ V3 pedals, 2.5WB, Porsche rim, and Podium shiny objects... (I had Logitech wheel/pedals a LONG time ago & little used.)

I've never set up sim components before. Any little tips and tricks that can eliminate my natural inclination to finds ways to somehow screw up first time installs of stuff would be really appreciated.

The car sims I have already installed on my PC... AC, ACC, and Automobilista 2. My home-built PC is quite fast, with components listed below in 'sig'.

Get and install 361 driver on fanatec forum. Also get Fanalab 1.12

Plug leads into base before final mounting as much easier.

Not much else to it other than setting pedal stiffness for brake.

You will be very happy with that setup I have the same just different rims.

Enjoy

Upvote 0
Hardware/Software is already covered. What comes to my mind is that this is some serious equipment that will show its potential only if seriously mounted:) I assume you have sturdy rig. If not, my recommendation is definitely a self-built aluminium construction. Can't be beat in terms of versatility. I've already added so many things to mine that it would be very hard to do that with a "ready-made" rig.

Upvote 0
Fanatec components/ V3 pedals, 2.5WB, Porsche rim, and Podium shiny objects... (I had Logitech wheel/pedals a LONG time ago & little used.)

I've never set up sim components before. Any little tips and tricks that can eliminate my natural inclination to finds ways to somehow screw up first time installs of stuff would be really appreciated.

The car sims I have already installed on my PC... AC, ACC, and Automobilista 2. My home-built PC is quite fast, with components listed below in 'sig'.
My Fanatec gear arrives on Monday and Tuesday. We will need to compare notes.

Upvote 0
Grats in advance to both of you. Their has been plenty of discussion regarding cockpits/rigs to mount your stuff on. And, it is all really good information, but....

The reality is you could just as easily start building an early cockpit out of a sturdy old desk. Drill some holes in it and bolt that stuff down. Make sure that everything is centered to the driver's position. And, get a chair that wont roll away from it on hard braking. Raise or lower the chair (or desk) as necessary.

Then, after you have had it for a while, think about what you want in a cockpit. The fact is... you are now diehard race simmers. And, you'll be able to justify a lot of your future sim purchases by saving on tickets and tires.

Upvote 0
I did not receive the Fanatec brake kit... forgot the exact name...going to their website & see what's up w/ my order...

Eight boxes and no performance brake kit? Did you buy several rims?

At least you can use everything without the brake kit, and once it arrives you can enjoy the new and improved feel.

Upvote 0
Eight boxes and no performance brake kit? Did you buy several rims?

At least you can use everything without the brake kit, and once it arrives you can enjoy the new and improved feel.

The day I ordered everything I double-ordered that brake kit in error (DOH). So, I contacted them same day to cancel one of the kits. Well, they turned it into a big deal... said I couldn't cancel one. I had to cancel both, then re-order the one. Then the change wouldn't complete on their website.

What I think happened was that they actually did cancel both, but never confirmed it with me. So now, I have to order it.

No, just bought the one rim.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sheesh.... NVM..... I learned how to do that from someone here...
I saw a site over the past few days that resell some Fanatec gear in the UK and noted that they sold the Performance Brake Kit.

The only reason I noticed is I forgot to add it to my order originally and Fanatec told me I couldn’t amend it, and I would have to cancel the whole order and start again. I didn’t want to do that so just ordered it separately and paid the extra for post and packing.

Just saying this as it might turn out to be quicker or cheaper. Sorry I can’t remember which site I saw it on.

Upvote 0
Busy earlier doing other things.... Just starting assembling 2.5 WB, Podiuum hub, paddle shifters, GT3 Porsche rim w/ Podium button module, CS V3 pedals, installing drivers, etc.

And, of course, I'm a bit 'dazed & confused' already...

* "Install the driver BEFORE connecting the CS WB 2.5 to your PC..." Here, I think they mean for me to power up the WB but DO NOT connect the USB cable from the WB to my PC until I install the driver... CORRECT?

I'll have other questions as I do this.... so I will be adding to this post...Want you folks to stay home and be ready to bail me out of trouble... :)

Upvote 0
I’m pretty sure it’s just a case of installing the Fanatec Driver on your PC before you either connect the USB cable or turn the wheel on.

Once the driver is installed, connect the USB. Nothing will happen at this point.

next turn on the wheelbase. You should here the familiar windows USB device connected sound.

now you should be able to run the driver, it adds a shortcut into your desktop by default.

You’ll hopefully see two Fanatec CSW 2.5 entries. Double click either, I don’t think it matters which, and you’ll be able to see the configuration options, test a few things etc.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea