PC2 PC2 CSL DD terrible ffb

Hey guys just thought to give a go at pc2 but I find the ffb to be terrible.. I've tried stock and a couple of custom ffb but I didn't find a way to figure out something that is even barely playable.

Any tricks?

If the gain is not maxed out in the menus....raise the gain or raise the ffb strength on your wheels driver if applicable.

I can't remember off the top of my head if PC2 has a per car gain setting in the tuning options like AMS2.

Long story short PC2 is a pain in the ass to setup ffb as there is no real 1 setting fits all due to them removing the per car saveable ffb that they had in PC1.

You literally have to create a profile for every type of car..ex. AWD, RWD, fwd, proto etc. Than load each file to get the best results for X type of vehicle.

It's a pain in the ass to do but is doable.

If the gain is not maxed out in the menus....raise the gain or raise the ffb strength on your wheels driver if applicable.

I can't remember off the top of my head if PC2 has a per car gain setting in the tuning options like AMS2.

Long story short PC2 is a pain in the ass to setup ffb as there is no real 1 setting fits all due to them removing the per car saveable ffb that they had in PC1.

You literally have to create a profile for every type of car..ex. AWD, RWD, fwd, proto etc. Than load each file to get the best results for X type of vehicle.

It's a pain in the ass to do but is doable.
The point is exactly this, settings are maxed out but ffb is too light. So I was wondering which is the value that needs to be changed inside the txt file to raise strengh

I started with the Fanatec recommended settings for AMS2 ( see Fanalab ) plus the " ultimate custom ffb from Vie...downloadable here in the dl section.
I did not set any dampers in the wheeldriver ( Fanalab ) on 0 as recommended, but enabled dynamic ffb in Fanalab for this profile.

I checked only the demo version with the Ferrari GT3 ( wet race Spielberg ), the F Renault ( dry race Spielberg ) and the Lambo, also dry Spielberg short )....It's not like ACC (v.1.8...) or rf2, but still works fine for me. Even more pronounced then the updated R3E and certainöy better than AC. In comparison with AMS2, the latter feels more "planted" after the most recent updates and cars feel somewhat heavier...probably due to differences in tyre-models. Brazilian tyre seem always bexabit more soft then other....

Tbh, I was surprised how well this old sim still works and graphicswise it's, for me, way ahead of AC, R3E and rF2...on par with ACC ( Unreal ) and, of course, with AMS2 ( same madness engine )...

Edit said : I use the 8Nm CSL DD in Comp mode ( amber led )

Last edited:
I started with the Fanatec recommended settings for AMS2 ( see Fanalab ) plus the " ultimate custom ffb from Vie...downloadable here in the dl section.
I did not set any dampers in the wheeldriver ( Fanalab ) on 0 as recommended, but enabled dynamic ffb in Fanalab for this profile.

I checked only the demo version with the Ferrari GT3 ( wet race Spielberg ), the F Renault ( dry race Spielberg ) and the Lambo, also dry Spielberg short )....It's not like ACC (v.1.8...) or rf2, but still works fine for me. Even more pronounced then the updated R3E and certainöy better than AC. In comparison with AMS2, the latter feels more "planted" after the most recent updates and cars feel somewhat heavier...probably due to differences in tyre-models. Brazilian tyre seem always bexabit more soft then other....

Tbh, I was surprised how well this old sim still works and graphicswise it's, for me, way ahead of AC, R3E and rF2...on par with ACC ( Unreal ) and, of course, with AMS2 ( same madness engine )...

Edit said : I use the 8Nm CSL DD in Comp mode ( amber led )
So you are using custom ffb file from AMS2?

So you are using custom ffb file from AMS2?
No. I use the Fanalab Settings for AMS2 ( wheelbase driver settings ) . I use the "Ultimate custom_ffb file" from a fellow racer named "Vie" . You find it in the download section for PC2 here on RD. Vie recommends to set certain Fanatec driver settings ( mainly dampers ) to ZERO which I didn't do. Mainly because I use the same driver settings for AMS2, of course and I don't want to switch around to often. I have in total 5 different driver setups for all my different sims which I rarely change. All other settings are then done ingame.

Es far as the "Ultimate custom ffb " is concerned : You will find all instructions on the download page here in RD. Do not forget to first delete ( or cut out and save elsewhere ) the original game "Custom_ffb.txt" file in the games documents folder. The game will always spawn a new one if none with the same name is is present. Hence, after deleting the old one. place the new custom_ffb file in this folder and rename it to the same name as the original one. Otherwise it's not recognized and you will feel no difference despite having selected "Custom" in the FFB settings menu of the game.

Finally, set the various ingame FFB parameters according to Vie's description and then try with various types of cars and maybe two or three tracks ( suggest Spielberg, Brands and Hockenheim or Nurburg GP track ) until the whole thing is to your liking.

Hope this helps.

Here the link :

Last edited:
No. I use the Fanalab Settings for AMS2 ( wheelbase driver settings ) . I use the "Ultimate custom_ffb file" from a fellow racer named "Vie" . You find it in the download section for PC2 here on RD. Vie recommends to set certain Fanatec driver settings ( mainly dampers ) to ZERO which I didn't do. Mainly because I use the same driver settings for AMS2, of course and I don't want to switch around to often. I have in total 5 different driver setups for all my different sims which I rarely change. All other settings are then done ingame.

Es far as the "Ultimate custom ffb " is concerned : You will find all instructions on the download page here in RD. Do not forget to first delete ( or cut out and save elsewhere ) the original game "Custom_ffb.txt" file in the games documents folder. The game will always spawn a new one if none with the same name is is present. Hence, after deleting the old one. place the new custom_ffb file in this folder and rename it to the same name as the original one. Otherwise it's not recognized and you will feel no difference despite having selected "Custom" in the FFB settings menu of the game.

Finally, set the various ingame FFB parameters according to Vie's description and then try with various types of cars and maybe two or three tracks ( suggest Spielberg, Brands and Hockenheim or Nurburg GP track ) until the whole thing is to your liking.

Hope this helps.

Here the link :
thank you for everything
i will definitly give a go at this custom ffb file.

Last edited:
thank you for everything
i will definitly give a go at this custom ffb file.
Here's the link to the Fanatec site . Scroll dowen until you find the recommended CSL DD Settings

Don't use the recommended "InGame" settings ( as they are for AMS2 ).

Last edited:
Just to add to this: Pops custom FFB files are the new gen' if you like of PC2 FFB files and IMO they're wayyyy better then the default PC2 files and better than many of the other custom FFB files out there - and it's much more recently updated and loved.

Just to add to this: Pops custom FFB files are the new gen' if you like of PC2 FFB files and IMO they're wayyyy better then the default PC2 files and better than many of the other custom FFB files out there - and it's much more recently updated and loved.
Hmm, I found this file a bit "lifeless" on my CSL DD ( 8Nm)...of course I checked it with several settings in Fanalab and Ingame...but as usual, FFB is also a matter of personal taste..

Hmm, I found this file a bit "lifeless" on my CSL DD ( 8Nm)...of course I checked it with several settings in Fanalab and Ingame...but as usual, FFB is also a matter of personal taste..
I've tried all of the FFB files over the years aside from one which is from the guy who worked on both an AMS2 and PC2 FFB files at the same time - think it's called something silver. But yeah personal taste but it's only when I go back and try the default informative I realize how bad the FFB is. Still enjoy PC2 though and appreciate it more and more lately.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back