PC1 PC versus PS4 - which to buy on?

Hi all, I recently got into racing games (through GRID: Autosport) and absolutely love it. I noticed that Project CARS is coming out very soon and judging from the track and car list it's pretty much a must buy for me.

I was wondering 1 thing which I can't find any information about:
- will there be proper anti-cheat software for the PC release?
- is it possible to cheat on the PS4?

As far as I know it's not possible to hack/ cheat in PS4 games, so personally I might want to buy it for the PS4. I do however love the mod support the PC platform has and I've got a killer PC with an occulus rift which might pair better than with the PS4.

I can't find anything about the anti-cheat support on PC and would regret buying it for PC if it ends up like the support GRID: AS has (literally: none... you have to email videos of cheaters to codemasters and hope they take action which they don't..)

Kind regards and see you on the tracks soon hopefully!

Have you tried pCARS lately, they have given a lot of focus to gamepad control. They are testing various pre-sets (0-3) and I find it very easy to race now where some months ago I thought it sucked. And I am a wheel racer, I just use a gamepad (360 or X1 gamepad) to quickly test some of the builds.......

Thanks for the mention about gamepads, as an arcade-disliking console racer its very good to hear there is effort going into improving gamepad controls.

You mentioned pre-sets. Do you think those affect the sensitivity of the steering, braking and throttle? Or are the pre-sets just configuring different functions to different buttons etc?

Personally I would want to be able to manually set each function to whatever input/button I want as well as being able to manually set deadzones / sensitivity for throttle, brake, steering etc

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Perfect, thanks William! That's great news.

I hope this isn't taking this off topic but I'd like to ask anyone does the pc version allow users to adjust the drivers cockpit seating position, or even the mirror positions?

With console games I've almost never been able to adjust the seating position well, sometimes even to the point of ruining a favourite car if I'm sitting too low, too close or seeing only 30% of the mirror...

...I hope this isn't taking this off topic but I'd like to ask anyone does the pc version allow users to adjust the drivers cockpit seating position, or even the mirror positions?
The seating position can be adjusted fore/aft and up/down. If you use the "virtual" rear view mirror it will always be in full view.

Last edited:
The trouble with the virtual mirror is, someone that close they are almost climbing in your boot look like they are 20m behind you. I think it must have a fov of 120+ degrees and I am not sure if it can be adjusted in a config file somewhere.

If its like that in the final version it may be a little annoying, but something I would put up with as the pros far outweigh the cons. That said, I would prefer to use the natural mirror anyways, if doable.

There is quite a large thread on the WMD forum asking for better virtual mirrors.
So close to release this might not be a priority, I hope they manage to improve them before release as it makes for much better multiplayer races.
I also don't like saying sorry when I cut someone up and send them into the weeds :D
I have never found a need to adjust the real mirrors so do not know if they are in fact adjustable, they do provide an accurate picture of what is behind you and where.

Do the cars with mirrors show a full or almost full rear view mirror, on a single screen setup? I'm going to guess that by adjusting seating position we can bring more of the mirror into view as well.

Last edited:
since you guys have been so helpful answering my questions in this thread i'm going to post up a few more questions here.
1. Can you have mechanical failures that are due to bad driving eg breaking the transmission or engine?
2. Random mechanical failures not necessarily related to the drivers actions eg electrical failures?
3. Does it simulate tyre degradation well? if a driver abuses the tyres will it have a consequence?
4. damping - do you have the possibility of adjusting slow and fast damping?
5. multiplayer - can you set up public lobbies with a name or description? or does it just display username, venue details etc?
6. multiplayer - can you search for types of lobbies with a filtering system? eg no assists allowed.

1 - Yes.
2 - No, AFAIK.
3 - Yes, tyres are subject to a complex heating model with wear and punctures. There are flat spots and graining in the tyre model, not sure abut the status of these ATM, we've been told that's part of the final tuning which is happening right now.
4 - Yes.

As for 5 and 6, I haven't tried multiplayer in a long time. You can set up filtering by assists, view, gearing and such. Someone who are up to speed on MP will hopefully fill in.

just thought of a few more questions. apologies for all the questions but this is quite exciting to be getting so many great features, cant help wanting to know more!

7. multiplayer - Do you score points in online races? if so, does the lobby reflect current drivers standings with a points total, after each completed race?
8. Is there a game mode where you can score points for manufacturers? Can you view the constructors championship standings?

Im not sure on PC or PS4... Much more easy for me to play on PS4 instead of connecting the PC to the TV and all that each time(since I got a MSI gaming laptop)And I have always liked more to play on PS4 on sport games. But...on PC, I will have the mods... Hard chooise :p

I guess I should choose PC since that will possible have a F1 mods with real f1 names and all that I guess(?) since I will play most f1 on ProjectCars since im not going to get f1 2014 :p

I guess I should choose PC since that will possible have a F1 mods with real f1 names and all that I guess(?) since I will play most f1 on ProjectCars since im not going to get f1 2014 :p

No you won't. No modding is allowed in Pcars. And Codemasters have the F1 licence, so SMS will not be producing F1 DLC.

Many wanted Modding capabilities but were voted out of it by the SMS and the community. I wanted modding. Modding gives a sim real longevity. :cautious::unsure:

No you won't. No modding is allowed in Pcars. And Codemasters have the F1 licence, so SMS will not be producing F1 DLC.

Many wanted Modding capabilities but were voted out of it by the SMS and the community. I wanted modding. Modding gives a sim real longevity. :cautious::unsure:

Ahh... I know ofc that there wont be any F1 DLC, but I was sure there would mods since every comments said that on youtube...But anyway, guess I can live with the unoffisial Formula A/B/C/Rookie, and it will only make my choose easier about PC or PS4 :p

I know there will be no modding at launch, but is it possible to later on open up the game to modding, say 1 year down the road when we know that PCars 2 is one year away at that point (example only)? I'm not that familiar with PC games, has that been done before?

I know there will be no modding at launch, but is it possible to later on open up the game to modding, say 1 year down the road when we know that PCars 2 is one year away at that point (example only)? I'm not that familiar with PC games, has that been done before?

Almost every PC game gets modded at some point, its just a matter of how much and that is greatly dependent on the fan following and the tools available.

Welcome to RD.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 85 90.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 29 30.9%