pc for around 250£

hi all i come humbly asking if anyone has an old pc/parts or own a hardware shop etc if they know of any computers i could buy fopr around the 250 mark

i play race 07 mainly but i only have a laptop and its getting worse to run everyday i have a laptop coller underneath and the panels off the back of the laptop to blow cold air straight into the unit and a big ass desktop fan to blow in the vents and over the top ov the laptop

as you can see im in need of a decent tower pc

so i appreciate an comment back on this subject and hopefully somebody out there can help me

best regards

steve

There may be if he can find someone selling a used system that is capable of meeting the specs. I would watch any sales adds from private individuals to see what is being sold in your area. You never know, you might find a disgruntled wife selling off the husbands gaming rig cheap :)

There is no way you will get a £250 PC to run RACE properly.

i saw this in another post on rd dont look to bad mabe just the power input not sure

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-265-OK

i will install windows myself and also i can get a Radeon HD4870x2 of a freind for £70

but also there is this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ATI-RADEON-HD...raphics_Video_TV_Cards_TW&hash=item415818ef53

can sombody shed some light on these options?

best regards

considering these are my specs now

AMD Turion X2 Ultra dual-core mobile technology ZM-80 (2
MB L2 cache, 2.1 GHz, DDR2 800 MHz, 32 W), ZM-82/ZM-84/
ZM-86 (2 MB L2 cache, 2.20/2.30/2.40 GHz, DDR2 800 MHz,
35 W), supporting AMD HyperTransport 3.0 technology

Core Logic Chipset

AMD M780G Chipset.
System Bus Speed

667 MHz.
RAM / Max RAM

Up to 2 GB of DDR2 667 MHz memory, upgradeable to 4 GB
using two soDIMM modules.
Video Subsystem

ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics with up to 1080 MB of
HyperMemory (256 MB of dedicated system memory, up to
1792 MB of shared system memory), supporting Unified
Video Decoder (UVD), OpenEXR High Dynamic-Range (HDR)
technology, Shader Model 4.0, Microsoft DirectX 10.0.

My mate has a q6600, 4gig of corsair ram, asus p5k motherboard, ati 4870, its in a case with a harddrive, it needs a psu and a dvd drive as hes just upgraded to an i7, he was after 200 quid which i thinks pretty good.

It plays rfactor full pelt no problem so should play race07 easily....

That ocuk pc is a decent little pc mate you wouldnt go wrong with that either, i'd try get an 88gt or 98gt second hand of ebay for it, as you say the 450w might struggle with your mates 4870x2.

The 450W PSU will not handle dual cards, and am pretty sure that a dual core GPU would be just about as bad. Decent PSU's are not that expensive so if you manage to get a system in your price range, keep an eye out for a 550 or higher PSU to keep it all running.

thanks guys for the replys appreciated

so can i just get a better power supply for it and it will all work or do you have to upgrade other stuff etc for it to all run nicely

im quite clever whn it comes to pc programs but specs omg i suck assssss

thx again

best regards

If you are talking about upgrading the PSU on the system you are looking for in that price range, perhaps you should up your price and see if you can find something that is already where you need it. Older/lower end systems are going to grab all your money trying to upgrade them if you aren't careful. Don't settle for anything less than what you need to do the job or you will be disappointed. Start by looking at the game recommended hardware and compare to each game you wish to run. Once you have that info you have a base of what you need. Don't base it on the minimum specs, but the recommended ones. Also if you are planning on keeping it for a while and don't want to go through this again in 6 months or so, perhaps look at something a bit higher than the recommended to give you some head room.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back