Pause/Unpause with a Steering Wheel

Misc Pause/Unpause with a Steering Wheel 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Konrad Kaczór submitted a new resource:

Pause/Unpause with a Steering Wheel - Pause/Unpause with a Steering Wheel

I thought I would share my recent discovery with you – the Pause/Unpause with a Steering Wheel function in AC

For those who want to get right to the point there is a TL;DR section right below.
For those who want a detail description there is a DETAILS section in the attached instruction.
And for those who want a little BACKGROUND I encourage to stay awhile and listen J

Emulating the Pause is achievable in a couple of ways – all use the Escape key. Emulating the Resume button – this...

Read more about this resource...

This bothered me for ages. I even told Kunos about it, but they don't care as usual.
I use a wireless mouse, so the only part was the escape button thing. Normally, I had to stand up, get out of my racing seat and walk to my computer to press the ESC button. Hopefully the car didn't move in that time, because I think in online races the car must stand still. Nordschleife sometimes was a mess.
Since CM got keybinds I can select a wheel button as a secondary ESC Button.

Problem solved.
Thank you for your research!

keybind.jpg

Last edited:
Does it support gamepads? I tried CM's unpause function but it doesn't work with certain events like race weekend. The mouse emulator sends the cursor to a specific point on the screen where usually the "Continue" button is, but in other cases in that same spot lies the "Go to pits" button. Having an unusually small monitor due to lack of space doesn't help.

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to add something I found out.

As far as I know, the size of the pause menu is dependant of the resolution of the screen, but that's not the only thing we should be aware of when configuring the exact placement of the macro, at least if we want this unpause function to work in all situations. The placement of the pause menu buttons differ depending on the type of session we are playing. On a race weekend, during practice and qualy there's an extra "Skip session" button that changes the placement of all the other buttons of the menu. Obviously this button is absent on races, and other types of sessions that do not have an additional upcoming stage. I took two screenshots highlighting the Continue button, from qualy and race, and blended them together:

x7GG7yM.png

You can see how the Continue button can be placed differently on the screen depending on the stage of the session. During qualy it stays higher, and on race it stays lower. Thankfully in my case there's a part where they both blend into each other, so I could configure a macro somewhere in that region where the buttons meet and I could use this unpause function in either situation. My screen resolution is 1366x768.

Does it support gamepads?
I own a Logitech F710 gamepad but it doesn't show up in the L Gaming Software. I guess if you ran the Mouse Recorder manually (or find a software that enables runing a the macro with a gamepad button) and in Xpadder (or alike) assign e.g. Ctrl+Shift+Z to one of the buttons it should behave the same.

I tried CM's unpause function but it doesn't work with certain events like race weekend. The mouse emulator sends the cursor to a specific point on the screen where usually the "Continue" button is, but in other cases in that same spot lies the "Go to pits" button.
I use vanilla AC launcher (I like it) - is there already a Unpause option in the CM?
Thank you for making the point with different game modes. I missed that. However, luckily the macro can click both at least in 1920x1080. I will update the package.

As far as I know, the size of the pause menu is dependant of the resolution of the screen, but that's not the only thing we should be aware of when configuring the exact placement of the macro, at least if we want this unpause function to work in all situations. The placement of the pause menu buttons differ depending on the type of session we are playing.
I am pretty sure the menus scale up the same way regardless of the resolution used so we should always be able to find common coordinates for both regular (practice, hotlap, etc.) and week-end layouts. However, the on-line layout is beyond reach as it is only 2 lines. It would require another macro. Not a big deal, provided you have an abundance of buttons :(
I will update the package.

CM has an unpause function which also emulates mouse clicks, but is a bit glitchy and you can't move the placement of the click, it automatically adjusts to the center of the continue button, and it only works on sessions without an upcoming stage. In a qualy session it presses the the pit button instead of continue. Tried to message the developer, but apparently he has bigger issues to work on.

I managed to make it work with my DS4 pad, using DS4Windows and MacroRecorder, but pause and unpause are separate buttons, I can't seem to get them working with a single button. DS4Windows allows me to record macros and configure the exact same combination as the macro I recorded with MacroRecorder, but it doesn't seem to have an "equal key" function.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.