Paul Ricard

Agreed! Some tracks are fun to watch in RL but boring to race in a sim, or boring to watch but fun in a sim.

Paul Ricard is neither for me. I can't even stand to watch real races there. It is everything against traditional circuit design, with acres of tarmac run-off areas, and so ugly to look at :(

It's test track first, race track a distant second. Not much more to say, I am hoping for a good race but I am not optimistic.

It may be an unpopular position, but I actually quite like the track both in sim and to watch. The only things I would say is to change the run-off areas to be less striped and to have the track labeled more clearly.

When looking at wide angle camera shots of the cars running it is very hard to see where it is on the track and what bit of the track is the race track and what is just part of another layout. They don't need to change the whole track but just put up some blocks or cones to mark the GP layout.

I was surprised to see, especially in Sector 1, how much undulation there was in some of the quick corners. Of course, not on the scale of Spa or Austria, but just enough to make some blind corners or screw up the balance of the car.

For me personally, Paul Ricard is actually one of the favorite tracks to race in sims (specifically RaceRoom). I love the Blancpain layout, there's just something different about it comparing to other tracks.

The race itself was a bit meh but I think it was because the track doesn't seem to pose much of a challenge for F1 cars. So many chicanes can be taken flat out while GT cars have to drop a gear or two.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back