Patches for SIMBIN games on DVD/PC

Tobbe Bergman

@Simberia
Hi

I just bought two games on DVD/PC from Ebay

1 GTR Evolution
2 Race on

Are there any patches I should install in order to get the latest bug fixes etc etc ?

I know Evolution has one 1.2.01 but what about race On ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated !

Thank You​

You could also set your steam account up ready for the discs arriviing - then search the steam store - once logged into steam for Race Series Demos, steam has demos of GTR Evo, Race07 and Race - which are free and include (usually 1 or two cars and tracks from each game)

Technically, no-cd 'patches' are not illegal either... as long as you own the original version of the game. Its piracy (obtaining and playing games you have not paid for) that is illegal.

OK that sounds good

I have been reading a lot about settings on graphic cards and wondering what cards you are using ?
I just got a Sapphire 6870 but there are lots of settings both on the card and in the games!
It's quite baffling.
All I want is smooth playback (+60 FPS) with everything maxed out !
Is there something specific (does & dont) to think about regarding all these settings.

With that card you shouldn't have any trouble at all. Crank everything up to maximum, and enjoy.

I'm running at 1920X1080

As I understand it there are settings on three places!
1. Video card Tripple Buffering etc etc ( For best FPS I choose Performance before Quality as I can not see any degradation in the quality when I am playing RBR )
2. Game config settings (Vertical Sync, Full Screen Anti Aliasing)
3. In game settings (Max setting on everything)

I got the Race On DVD and I wonder if I should wait until the DVD with Evolution arrives to install both in the right order!

Set your graphics card options to 'Quality'. Its a good card, so it will be fine with no performance loss. I have a 4870 which is inferior to your card and it handles it just fine, even in games much newer and more graphics intensive than Race 07 and RBR.

Don't worry about waiting for GTR Evo. The install order makes no difference as the expansions are merely adding content, not changing the core game (Race 07).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back