Pantera 427W

Cars Pantera 427W 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
OldRebel submitted a new resource:

Pantera 427W - More Snarl For Your Favorite Cat

This data replacement download uses the great Group 4 Pantera created by Pessio's Garage. This is a new car. It does not replace or modify your current Pessio Pantera. I originally uploaded this mod some months back and then found it had an error that I had missed so I deleted it. I repaired that error some time ago and I am finally going to give this upload another go. I made quite a few changes to the Pantera including a correction to the center of gravity, brake force, tires, and...

Read more about this resource...

Hello, I was very impatient to test this modified Pantera (the physics of the original not being great!), but I have a problem: I proceed exactly as indicated:

1) For the 427W powered car please create a new folder in your 'cars' directory called pantera_427w

2) Copy all of the contents from your pg_pantera_gr4 folder and paste them into your new pantera_427w folder.

3) Open the downloaded 427w_files folder and copy the data.acd file and the ui folder found inside.

4) Paste the data.acd file and the ui folder into your pantera_427w folder. Answer yes to overwrite files.

The mod is loading normally but after the last loaded car I have a return to the Assetto office. Thanks in advance for a solution.

Cordially

Hi. I would like to help you out on this issue but I need you to clarify exactly what the issue is please. I don't understand this line ....'but after the last loaded car I have a return to the Assetto office'. Thanks.

Hello, I was very impatient to test this modified Pantera (the physics of the original not being great!), but I have a problem: I proceed exactly as indicated:

1) For the 427W powered car please create a new folder in your 'cars' directory called pantera_427w

2) Copy all of the contents from your pg_pantera_gr4 folder and paste them into your new pantera_427w folder.

3) Open the downloaded 427w_files folder and copy the data.acd file and the ui folder found inside.

4) Paste the data.acd file and the ui folder into your pantera_427w folder. Answer yes to overwrite files.

The mod is loading normally but after the last loaded car I have a return to the Assetto office. Thanks in advance for a solution.

Cordially
Did you give the car some sound? I don't think that would stop the car from being loaded and driven but you never know.

As you suggested, I took the GT40 sfx. When the mod loads, got to the last car, there is a crash that brings me back to the Assetto desktop. It's the same problem whether you change the sfx or not.

Hi. Was there any pop-up window giving any clues as to why it crashed? I have not heard of anyone else having a problem. Will it load and drive as a single car in practice mode?

Yes, that could definitely be the problem. I'm going to use the personal message function of this site and message you to ask for your email address. Then I can send you both of my complete cars for you to try. I would recommend using the Custom Shader's Patch. So many things in Assetto Corsa use it now.

Hi OldRebel. I'm really enjoying your Pantera 427W adjustments. One thing I have noticed however is that the wheels don't quite touch the ground. Would be worth having a look at. Thanks. :)

I'm glad you like it. Thank you. I'm confused about your comment on the tires not touching the ground. I just loaded the outside showroom I always use, clicked 'align using data' and zoomed in on the front and rear wheels contact patches. Here are a couple of pictures.

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1648272091a.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1648272091a.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 69
  • __custom_showroom_1648272221a.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1648272221a.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Hi OldRebel. I'm really enjoying your Pantera 427W adjustments. One thing I have noticed however is that the wheels don't quite touch the ground. Would be worth having a look at. Thanks. :)

EDIT-THIS POST HAS INCORRECT INFORMATION. SEE SUBSEQUENT POST Hi xezez. I just thought of something. Did your stock Pantera have the latest 1.1 update from Pessio? When I did change the tires on the 427W the new tire radius was slightly different than the old tires. That can cause tires to not sit flush with the ground. To fix that you change the radius of all the new tires to match the radius figure of the original tires in tires.ini. I did that. Pessio's last update on that car (1.1 I think) included changing the tires and the suspension. If your Pantera missed getting that second update then that could 'maybe' be causing this discrepancy. If you think that might be the case re-download the Pessio car with his last update and then apply my mod. If I'm right then that will fix it.

Last edited:
Wow, that post by xezez really got me scratching my head and double-checking things. I stated in the above post that I matched the radius of the tires on the original updated car. Actually when I checked I didn't match them. So then I started from fresh by re-downloading the updated Pessio car and then applying my mod. The tires are sitting on the ground exactly like the pictures from a couple of posts back. So I end up not knowing why xezez says his car's tires don't touch the ground.

Hi David. Have you been promoted to policeman? First off , Pessio's original car remains untouched unless the member wants to modify it using my files. Secondly, mod is short for modification. There are modifications of existing cars using data replacements all through the cars section. Third, you will never see a Paypal donation button on my mods as I do my (usually) simple mods for my enjoyment of the hobby and I want to give back some effort to the hobby in the only way I can. Lastly, when I was growing up many mothers taught us the term MYOB. As you probably know this means 'Mind Your Own Business'. Too many people these days have forgotten what their mother taught them.

I would have thought it was a matter of common courtesy to ask permission, especially considering that your text file is completely useless without Pessio's 3D model and textures.

I am not trying to be the RD police. I had had several people release modifications for tracks that I have made, and most of them have contacted me prior to release asking if I approve of their work and asking if it's okay to piggyback off my hard work.

And for your information, my parents taught me to be respectful - something yours either failed to teach you, or something that you chose to forget.

David, there is no gain for me in releasing this data change...monetary or otherwise. I simply made changes to how the car drives and provided a data.acd file that other people can use to try my changes using a separate car. They can either download it or not and either keep it or delete it. For someone who is 'not trying to be the RD police' you have a history of trying to be exactly that. Assetto Corsa is a hobby meant for entertainment and fun. Let's try to keep it that way. I do love your tracks. You are an artistic master in that regard. Let's leave it at that.

The fact is there: an undriveable and absolutely unrealistic Pantera mod; the modifications made it possible to have a usable and very pleasant mod So a big thank you to OldRebel.:)

Last edited:
OldRebel updated Pantera 427W with a new update entry:

Major Update to 1.1

I was wanting more front end bite in the corners and better stability overall. I ended up changing a whole slew of things including tires, alignment specs and spring rate. I also reduced brake force some more. Both front and rear anti-roll bars are now adjustable from inside the car. These changes also apply to the 351C Pantera.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 51 87.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 20 34.5%