rF2 Oval Night @ Palm Springs Speedway (Night Race) - Wednesday 24th February 2016

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Daiman Patel

rFactor 2 Technical Assistant
club-racing-flyer-png.106199

Event Details
Server:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM OVAL
Track: Palm Springs Speedway
Car: Stock Cars

Weather: Dry
Road condition: Rubber on track were possible
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel use: 1x
Mechanical failure: Time scaled
Setup Options: Fixed (steering lock, starting fuel & pit strategy still adjustable)

Assists
Traction control:
Low
ABS: None
Auto-clutch: Allowed

Race
Practice:
20:00 GMT
Qualifying: 20:15 GMT - 10 minutes [NO Parc Fermé]
Warm up: 20:25 GMT - 5 minutes
Race: 20:30 GMT - 60 laps [rolling start]

RaceDepartment Calendar: Click here
Server password: Click here
Racing rules: Click here
GMT Clock: Click here

Note: You must be a Premium member in order to participate. Upgrade your account here.

1. Daiman Patel *
  2. Gijs van Elderen
  3. Simon Bacon
  4. Chark
  5. Stefan Woudenberg
  6. TTupsi
  7. Marc
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. ...
Note: Please sign out well in time (at least 1 hour before the practise session begins) if you're unable to make the race. Thanks! :)

SERVER IS UP!

utp: 13

Last edited:
Did some laps, but i have some difficulties to see details of the track. There is almost no texture on the track itself, very little details, no groove.. Got also no feeling of what the car is doing and got no control over the car. Maybe i am used too much to NR2k3, where i ran multiple season at V8thunder.

Did some laps, but i have some difficulties to see details of the track. There is almost no texture on the track itself, very little details, no groove.
I know what you mean, if rF2 is not maxed out, it can be tricky to get a good idea of the rubber when the track is green. I would recommend doing a practice session in private mode with more than twenty AI cars. Press CTRL+X (accelerate the time), let a few moments go by, and you should have a clear racing line on track.

Got also no feeling of what the car is doing and got no control over the car.
The previous point might help for that first. Then, make sure you use one of the slow steering ratio in the tuning menu (I would personaly recommend 17:1 for that track). Don't overdrive the corners, take it easy, and it should be quite stable if you use the setup I posted. It's quite basic adjustments like pressures and camber, it's far from perfect, but making sure the tyres are well in contact with the surface is super important is rF2.

It helped a lot after loading the setup and changing the ratio. :thumbsup:
Pity i can't make it again. (work related). For the next time i will try to do a last minute enter. Cause then i am more shure that i can make it instead of constantly declining on a last minute.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back