RACEDEPARTMENT.COM OVAL
Track: Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Car: Stock Cars

Weather: Dry
Road condition: Rubber on track were possible
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel use: 1x
Mechanical failure: Time scaled
Setup Options: Fixed (steering lock, starting fuel & pit strategy still adjustable)

Assists
Traction control:
Low
ABS: None
Auto-clutch: Allowed

Race
Practice:
20:00 GMT
Qualifying: 20:15 GMT - 10 minutes [NO Parc Fermé]
Warm up: 20:25 GMT - 5 minutes
Race: 20:30 GMT - 50 laps [rolling start]

RaceDepartment Calendar: Click here
Server password: Click here
Racing rules: Click here
GMT Clock: Click here

Note: You must be a Premium member in order to participate. Upgrade your account here.

1. Daiman Patel *
  2. Stefan Woudernberg
  3. Marc Cabana
  4. Chark
  5. TTupsi
  6. Simon Bacon
  7. Magic43
  8. Frederic Schornstein
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. ...
Note: Please sign out well in time (at least 1 hour before the practise session begins) if you're unable to make the race. Thanks! :)

SERVER WILL BE UP SOON!

utp: 8

Last edited:
Sign me in please. @Otune @Simon Bacon @Tobias Röhner @Bram @TTupsi @Magic43 let's go to a legendady track!

Attached is a setup (as usual, not the fastest, but quite stable and easy on tyres). I would recommand using the steering lock below normal in the tuning menu. For the corners after the long straights, brake to get the car turning, for the corners after the short straights, lifting off should be enough. Make sure to slow down quite significantly not to destroy your tyres, as it's easy to overdrive the car.

Attachments

• RD_SC_Indy_03.svm
    4.5 KB · Views: 211
IMPORTANT

The server has been updated so that @Chark's setup is the default, fixed setup. :geek: I have just tested it myself, having set up the server, and it seems to have worked as intended this time. If you could also test and verify this it would be incredibly helpful. :thumbsup: It may appear as though the default setup is selected - the UI might display a depressed "Default" button in the Garage menu - but this is correct since the default setup for the server is being used.

The reason why this probably didn't work last time is because I made the change whilst the server was still running, and upon restarting the server these changes were overwritten... :whistling: So in actual fact there was no definition of the default setup at all on the server. :redface:

IMPORTANT!

Unfortunately our servers are yet to be updated to the latest build of rF2 (Build 1052), therefore if you are using Steam or have already performed the update then you shall be unable to partake in this event. Apologies for the inconvenience. We are working as quickly as possible to get this sorted before the rest of this week's events.

Just got in, can't join the server, I'm getting a 'server and client builds do not match' message :( Guessing it's something to do with Steam updating my rF2 like crazy atm. Sorry guys.

Edit...just read Damien's post :(

Just got in, can't join the server, I'm getting a 'server and client builds do not match' message :( Guessing it's something to do with Steam updating my rF2 like crazy atm. Sorry guys.

Edit...just read Damien's post :(
Sorry mate. Can't do anything about it unfortunately, as I don't have administrative rights on the server to perform the update. :( We'll be back again next week though! ;)

Sorry mate. Can't do anything about it unfortunately, as I don't have administrative rights on the server to perform the update. :( We'll be back again next week though! ;)
I think it's kinda stupid that the rFactor 2 club organiser isn't allowed to update the game on the server. It's a shame, I was looking forward to the Daytona race :(

I think it's kinda stupid that the rFactor 2 club organiser isn't allowed to update the game on the server. It's a shame, I was looking forward to the Daytona race :(
I'd blame ISI in this case for forcing users to have elevated privileges in order to perform the install. :cautious: This is not a problem on a personal computer, but it causes issues when using remote servers that are locked down to prevent mischief from ensuing. Sorry mate!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back