Our Nige

Still leaving his charisma in the car too. I loved our Nige. Nobody more exciting in an F1 car.

I guess a shrink could read a lot into his constant attempts to prove how good he was. He appeared on a Sky Sports 'tales from the...' type show a while back and, love him as I do, I still found it cringeworthy.

I suspect he feels he doesn't get the recognition he deserves, that he was maybe better than his record suggests. That he's unfavourably compared to Senna and Prost.

He was certainly always at the centre of the drama though.

He's a proper legend.
'tash or no the man was just superb both as a race driver and as an entertainer to the fans. I remember most vividly his BTCC return back in 1998 at a rain soaked Donington Park in a bag of cack Mondeo... wow that fella can put on a race.

I suspect most of you have already seen that race, but if you haven't I strongly suggest you watch it on YouTube... it will be the best thing you have done all day if you do, trust me :)

Long live the king! but can someone please offer the bloke a bloody drive full time in something, I need to see him race again!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back