FM7 OSW Direct Drive: Is it supported?

Forza Motorsport 7 (Turn 10 Studios)
Works with OSW now!
Yay!. You need EmuWheel though https://forzatools.weebly.com/forza-emuwheel-setup-guide.html, spent a few days with creator to tune vibration but it's awesome now.
Had pretty low expectations but it turned out to be surprisingly good, sensible FFB.
Ping FirstPlatoLV on discord if you have issues, I am on beta version, but the changes he added to support my wheel will make it into public version as well. For now you need to contact him for beta version and instruction.
He is super helpful, great guy, btw.
FH3 works as well, although FFB is not as good as in FM7.

Cheers....

I'd like to see a video or get more info on this.
Still think the Forza type games can bring a good combination of fun with fancy visuals, yet be entertaining too. Bit of arcade type fun with more than arcade level of hardware. We have the ability these days to enjoy such on awesome input devices, visual and audio hardware.

Im curious how this title will fare with the upcoming Podium series of DD wheels though, err assuming Fanatec will bring proper support.

More input from owners of current DD wheels and who have FM7 would be interesting reading.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

1) FFB itself is better than R3E that I have tried this weekend and on par with best cars in PCars properly tuned using Jack Spade latest profile and matched Vol/Tune. Except in FM7 you don't need to fiddle with individual cars, they all pretty much normalized across the board and all that I've tried so far feels pretty good, with probably the exception of Ford Crown Victoria in Bowling event but that could be just understeering nature of the car itself.
2) Physics and how it's translated through the wheel is surprisingly believable. Turned off all assists, switched Steering to Simulation mode and it can easily surpass PCars2, and doesn't feel completely out of place even coming from AC.

EDIT: Disclaimer. I have never tried FM7 with native FFB API, my wheel just doesn't have FFB with it. So all these impressions are related to EmuWheel implementation. From my exchange with creator, a lot of even supported wheel owners using EmuWheel due to better FFB delivery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite inspiring to hear that, keep us posted if you see any in-depth videos covering it in action or would appreciate you doing some if your up for it man?

Might be something GamerMuscle or Jimmy B would be into ???

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back