OSD Mod, no session legend etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this mod again, NeoStuey. The "semi-transparent" menus I was talking about are the ones used while driving the car on the track to:

- change the fuel mix (Mix 1, Mix 2, and Mix 3)
- select braking bias (Front, Neutral, and Back)
- select tyre type for next pitstop (Options, Primes, Intermediates, and Wets)

Dunno if you have these on-screen menus available to you on your platform, though.

Thanks! Great find already!

That's a very good call! I had not really thought of doing anything about them but I have just taken a few minutes to find their reference in the d_osg.pssg file I previously made available and have made them completely invisible. You still get an audible and the driver animation, as well as pit confirmation if a tyre request. Is that how you meant?

Having just tried it I really like, just having the visual driver animation or audible pit crew message is more immersive. Thanks for pointing it out.

I'll upload later in case you wanted a version with the text but no background which should also be doable.

nice with the black colours :rolleyes: here u can see the result of my epic fail :roflmao: editing the position_xxx files in b_osd brings this result :roflmao: don't mind the counter on the picture,,, it's a few days old, it's gone now :)

f1_20122013-01-0313-1firdx-jpg.35689

Just like my first attempts, I got rid of the tex by aletering the config.xml and when that box stayed there I was like. :devilish: Then I had a :coffee: and decided it must be rendered from an instruction somewhere and got lucky when I found it. I read and tried editing the entries in the OSD.html for fun first though. :roflmao:

If I can I am going to see if I can get the whole look of the in game menus to match up. i think I am done with the file I am in now and can't find or have just missed (god I hope not!) some reference to backgrounds. If I do get it right I will post a new thread and release. But I think it will be some time.....sadly.

Or, use a mod manager which does it automatically for you...

Sorry! I know I've been banging on about mod managers recently, but they are a must have for any serious mod user.

No mod manager for me I am on OSX but I do keep a copy of altered files in the same directory and my machine backs up every hour to my time machine if ever I have to roll back and have forgotten something. :)

That's a very good call! I had not really thought of doing anything about them but I have just taken a few minutes to find their reference in the d_osg.pssg file I previously made available and have made them completely invisible. You still get an audible and the driver animation, as well as pit confirmation if a tyre request. Is that how you meant?

Having just tried it I really like, just having the visual driver animation or audible pit crew message is more immersive. Thanks for pointing it out.

I'll upload later in case you wanted a version with the text but no background which should also be doable.

Yes, that's what I meant (see screenshot below):

Screenshot5985_zps849d0ef5.png

I would prefer those ugly menus completely transparent, so they don't clutter the view.

I mean, it's only ten key sequences to memorize, and I know the ones I use by heart now. So I don't even want to see their texts, nor arrows, nor colors. Just nothing. The beeping sounds I can live with, they don't bother me. Just these pop up menus: they are annoying. I re-downloaded your mod but, as the screenshot above shows, these menus are still visible.

I don't know how to make mods (too complex for me) so I thank you all, RD modders for every improvement you make. :thumbsup:

1.1 - 1.0

Now removes in race quick menu, so no more visual confirmation of fuel mix mode, brake balance or tyre choice changes. You will still have an audible confirming each input and see the appropriate driver animation or hear your race engineers confirmation when a new tyre compound slection is made.

Thanks to Salut Gilles for the request.

Coming soon! Once I work out how to upload the new file. :redface:

Having had a chat with a forum staff member the update system sometimes works and sometimes doesn't,...I will try later now. Sorry.

Thanks! I was already experimenting with stuff but it seems a lot of work! My game currently looks like this is places. I would like a lighter transparency but the file I am editing is dictating what I can and can't use. I have had lots of database errors on start up over the past two days. :redface:

recolouredresults_zps902a645e.jpg

Pauseoptions_zps108cb20f.jpg

Engineeroptions_zps94a5ad60.jpg

Tyreselection_zpse2afb272.jpg
Looks really good... Download?

1.1 - 1.0

Now removes in race quick menu, so no more visual confirmation of fuel mix mode, brake balance or tyre choice changes. You will still have an audible confirming each input and see the appropriate driver animation or hear your race engineers confirmation when a new tyre compound slection is made.

Thanks to Salut Gilles for the request.

Coming soon! Once I work out how to upload the new file. :redface:

Having had a chat with a forum staff member the update system sometimes works and sometimes doesn't,...I will try later now. Sorry.

Edited for the link to the new version 1.1 download is provided down thread! Highly recommend! (Not fixed yet after going to Updates ->1.1 here, and copies made to folders f1 2012\frontend and f1 2012\Osd, but I am still hoping you will find a way to upload the 1.1 version.)

You did a great improvement to the game already, as I and many here thank you for doing!

I salute you for it. :thumbsup:

Not fixed yet after going to Updates ->1.1 here, and copies made to folders f1 2012\frontend and f1 2012\Osd, but I am still hoping you will find a way to upload the 1.1 version.

If not, you can start a private conversation with me and I will give you an email box where to send the new zip files.

Most of all, don't lose sleep over the requests, as it's not an obligation for you to fix them.

You did a great improvement to the game already, as I and many here thank you for doing!

I salute you for it. :thumbsup:

Hi,

It's done but I can't upload it here yet and I have tried more than once today to do so. Mods have been helpful and said they are looking at a fix and explained that sometimes this just happens.

In the meantime see if this works for you.

Dropbox link.

I will remove the link once the file gets added here proper.

Thanks.

:)

New version 1.1 works perfect, now! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just copied the d_osd.pssg file to frontend folder and... magic! The ugly menus are now gone forever for me! :laugh:

Happy happy happy! THANKS a million NeoStuey!!

On edit: Also THANKS a million to all RD mod makers who make this game enjoyable to play with now! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hm, too bad with this mod you never get a visual sign in the cockpit whether you were awarded with a penalty or warning, the lights stay dark but everything else (green, yellow, blue) is working.

Edit: Hm, on some cars I get it on some I don't, weird.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm, too bad with this mod you never get a visual sign in the cockpit whether you were awarded with a penalty or warning, the lights stay dark but everything else (green, yellow, blue) is working.

Edit: Hm, on some cars I get it on some I don't, weird.

With the RULES AND FLAGS option set to REALISTIC, I get flashing white leds on each sides of the steering wheel whenever I get a penalty, like these:

AlonsoWhiteLeft.png

AlonsoWhiteRight.png

AlonsoDriveThroughPen.png

But if the RULES AND FLAGS option is set to REDUCED, I also don't get any such clue about penalties, like:
AlonsoTimePenalties.png

(I had to use the debug menu mod to deploy the safety car intentionally to get these penalties, because it's very hard to be penalized in that 'reduced' setting lol).

Check your RULES AND FLAGS option before starting a race and see if the REDUCED setting is on. Toggle it to REALISTIC and you should see the white leds light up in the same flashing sequence: when they do, you have to enter the pit lane anytime during the next three laps, or you'll be disqualified.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back