Origin Sim Racing Bahrain post race report.

Ryan Winsper

Origin Front Row Racing - Team Manager
The first round of the Formula Sim Racing Pro Series kicked off today with great battles all round.
With Origin Sim Racing driver Ryan Winsper getting a decent start to his FSR Season with a 15th position, here's what he had to say:

"After a disappointing qualifying which had me back in 20th on the grid, I got a great start to the first race in 2014 by moving up to 10th in just the first lap after avoiding some contact in turn 1.
After a few mistakes here and there with cold tires I dropped down to 12th, and eventually 13th, then pitting around lap 11 I dropped right back to 20th and after all other pits stops through out the field I fell back into 15th, I basically bought the car home from there.
15th was better than I expected for my first race back in FSR, but now I'm hoping for better things in Malaysia and a bigger points haul!"

And from that onto Origin Racing Academy driver Mike Partington who had a superb start to his debut season in FSR by finishing 6th, here's a few words from him:

"Majorly disappointed with qualifying. Lots of traffic on my lap and I didn't produce a very good lap at all which resulted in only 12th place. Had a fantastic start to the race and passed several cars making the climb to about 8th place and stuck with the front runners. I did feel I was getting held up quite alot though. There was an incident at T5/6 which was caused by lag and I lost over 10 seconds and it destroyed my primes so had to pit a 2nd time unfortunately. Took the softs and without even pushing set several fastest laps but the gap was too big in the end and finished 6th. My aim was top 10 in my first FSR race so I am very pleased with the result and hope to challenge for podiums in future. "

But unfortunately for Mikes team mate, Victor Ivanov, things didn't go as planned, after getting caught up in the turn 1 contact, he had to eventually retire due to more contact down the road, after a debut that I'm sure he's disappointed about, here's what he had to say:

"I feel horrible by being knocked out after only 4 corners knowing that i have the pace for top 10. I feel really optimistic about the future and I hope working together with ACR guys will finally pay out and we'll produce some really good results in near future, starting with Malaysia where I hope to pick up a top 5 finish."

Understandably few words from Victor due to a disappointing debut race in FSR, but with all drivers feeling optimistic about the future and hoping to challenge for podiums, things are looking good for Origin Sim Racing as we move onto Malaysia in 2 weeks time.

Well, the Formula Sim Racing PRO series is underway with an exciting first race, lets hope Malaysia brings all the thrills and chills to what was a great race to kick off the 2014 season, see you all in Malaysia.

Please like us over at Facebook https://www.facebook.com/originsimracing :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back