MGP14 Opponentsconfig.bml

Hi guys, I wanted to edit the AI, to find out way it's 3 seconds faster in race compared to test sessions.
I found this file in the data.mix, but I've no idea how to edit it. Hex editor can't do it, notepad ++ only show a lot of times the word "NULL". Maybe you can give me some tips.

I don't wanna' seem like I'm arguing with you. But Giovane I have the same problem all of the time, the AI time gain differs from circuit to circuit but the fact is this glitch does exist.

It is a massive problem, when I get pole by 1.7 seconds in qualifying then in the race I am 2.3 seconds a lap slower than the AI and I'm actually faster than my qualifying lap time.

Look on the Facebook page and this page, people have this problem. Every now and again you get a race where it seems like the problem is gone, but it then happens at the next race again. It's really annoying and I look forward to them patching it.

I had no luck with the files, I've only managed to make quali time faster, which is not bad. The only problem is that I can't change it gradually (the difference is too big), I need Milestone tools :cry:
Guys release the damn patch, this is my favourite videogame

I don't wanna' seem like I'm arguing with you. But Giovane I have the same problem all of the time, the AI time gain differs from circuit to circuit but the fact is this glitch does exist.

It is a massive problem, when I get pole by 1.7 seconds in qualifying then in the race I am 2.3 seconds a lap slower than the AI and I'm actually faster than my qualifying lap time.

Look on the Facebook page and this page, people have this problem. Every now and again you get a race where it seems like the problem is gone, but it then happens at the next race again. It's really annoying and I look forward to them patching it.

Ah ok Nathan. I played only 4 races in career and I have not enough feedback to say more, I hoped the problem was just non-existent . I trust you. Then all we wait for a patch from Milestone.

See you soon online!:cool:

This bug did not affect my race in Le Mans, but it was in wet conditions.
Quali Miller 1:47:276
Race Mille/Fenati 1:47:6
I was able to get the third place and I was only 2-3 tenths off the pace of those two.
It's fun to fight in the middle of the pack, in 14 you have to fight hard to get good results

Jonix, I have the same problem too! I've tried to modify the AI drivers, in which you have for each driver his race performance, wet weather ability, range of times from the best one in practice and in race, but when I try to save and convert it again in Data.mix the game considers the Data.mix damaged. How did you solve it? Maybe I can try to help you with the times because I want AI faster in qualy then in the race too, or at least Q times should be the same as in the race...

Jonix, I have the same problem too! I've tried to modify the AI drivers, in which you have for each driver his race performance, wet weather ability, range of times from the best one in practice and in race, but when I try to save and convert it again in Data.mix the game considers the Data.mix damaged. How did you solve it? Maybe I can try to help you with the times because I want AI faster in qualy then in the race too, or at least Q times should be the same as in the race...

Download this http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/physic-mod-4-seconds-bug-fix.2623/download?version=4916

I really appreciate that man! But I explained bad my problem :p
What I want to do is the opposite, make the AI in the Q as fast as in the Race. I'm playing with Hard difficulty, and I always do pole by 1 sec but in race I have their pace (I tried with Real difficulty and their pace in race is +1 sec than the FP and Q. I feel I'll need to increase it soon, and I've already found the values to change, but everytime I do it, the game doesn't see the Data.mix
Now, I think the problem is that I edit the BML with the Notepad, and than saving it's like the file is not a BML anymore (if I re open it I don't see what was written before but something like this †††‌†⁴⁥⁸⁴†† †‱ †††․†ₜ† ††††††† †⁜†‴† .),.
As a modder I know that everytime you do something you never want to say "the secret":p,but also to be indipendent in what I want to try and to do, can you tell me what's my mistake and what do you do to make it work?
P.S. I've already got the Mixfiile remixer.

The data.mix doesn't work because you change the file size: if you have the string "....1.0..." you make sure to not delete the 3 dots at the end.
Changing in "....1.0.5." (overwrite the "." with numbers) will force close the game.
Try to change it like "...1.0.5...", doing this the game will not crash anymore, BUT there is a problem.
If you change the value in raceperformancemodifier it's ok, but in timegenerationmodifier only the first decimal is considered in game: so in string like 1.0.5 the
.5 doesn't exist for the game, it can see only the 1.0. You can change the value only by 1/10th (0.9 - 1.0 - 1.1...) to make it working.
Obviously changing the string with 0.1 changes the lap time by more than 7 seconds.
Man, at the moment this is what I know. It's a problem. I don't know how to solve it.

I'm following what you've written, and I've already paid attention to the spaces from every value. The problem I have happen also if I change only a number. For ex. in AI Drivers: M O T O 2 _ K a l l i o $ ΠH R a c e P e r f o r m a n c e $ D 4 t e x t 0 . 9 9 8 $. What I noticed is that every number has 1 space gap to the other and from the end of the line 7 spaces. I always pay attention to every gap (if I understood well what you've said), but the file go crazy also if I change 0 . 9 8 8 in 0 . 9 8 9.
If I understood, changing the last number it doesn't work on the game, because it reads only the first two?
Anyway, if you want we can discuss it in priv in Italian (I read you're Italian too)

Ok! Thank you very much!!!
I solved 1 of 2 problems: the games sees the Data.mix and it starts, but it crashes before it arrives at the main menu!
I think the main problem remain in the BML file, because once edited and saved it (paying attention to each gap between each number), when I reopen it I just see a lot of ununderstandable characters. Should I edit it with a particular programm or should I save it in a particular code? I don't know what's wrong...

I'm following what you've written, and I've already paid attention to the spaces from every value. The problem I have happen also if I change only a number. For ex. in AI Drivers: M O T O 2 _ K a l l i o $ ΠH R a c e P e r f o r m a n c e $ D 4 t e x t 0 . 9 9 8 $. What I noticed is that every number has 1 space gap to the other and from the end of the line 7 spaces. I always pay attention to every gap (if I understood well what you've said), but the file go crazy also if I change 0 . 9 8 8 in 0 . 9 8 9.
If I understood, changing the last number it doesn't work on the game, because it reads only the first two?
Anyway, if you want we can discuss it in priv in Italian (I read you're Italian too)

Yes PM me in it :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea