Opinion: DiRT Rally 3.0 Will Come, Just Not Named DiRT Rally

Been a fan of DR2 since day one. But it has aged and needs updating a bit. IMO the base game should be as realistic as possible. Update the actual on-road physics etc. Update the audio a bit, already pretty good and way better than some of the other Rally sims. Improve the Car setup options, service area etc, a wee bit, keep the use of actual realistic figures and terms and not just vague numbers, already better than most other Rally sims. A good selection of Rallies and stages and of course cars, present, and Classic. IMO as much attention and R&D, money as possible to make the game as "Sim" as possible in all areas, however in built option for difficulty as not all players are pros. If we want the "sport " to grow we have to allow for newbies. I would like to see the results and times expanded to allow when playing a Rally, in all its forms, the results to be better presented. The ability to show and record individual stage time to give the result etc.
Yes the base game should be an affordable purchase, but affordable DLC's expandable, I would include VR in this. DLC's to add more Cars and Stages etc. Another idea would be maybe Expand the Racenet Clubs to allow just friends and family to set up private Rallies etc. and run simple online Rallies, or the ability to do that in-game without going online. etc. Overall more focus on realism, less Arcade.

The case for SLI DLC...

Dirt rally is a great game, an ongoing development like iracing would make a ton of sense. New tracks, cars... same recipe as iracing and ACC surely would make some money here.

But we still can't play with ULTRA setting with current video card, and VR is even worst.
What we need is more performance in terms of FPS and graphic quality..

instead of re-inventing the game using a new engine and throwing all to thrash...
why not... a dual video card SLI DLC.

Almost Everybody here has dedicated PC/Rig to play the game.

This would be the only game in town offering SLI dual card support. and guess what the higher quality recording would be all over youtube ! talking about marketing !

Personally after spending thousand in GPU, I am fine paying a few hundreds for an SLI-DLC!

NOTE: I have no idea if that is even possible.. I guess it is not considering nobody did it, but if it was... this would be the only game to have a generation or two advance in terms of graphics ! Youtube would eat that up !!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back