Open Beta Released?

Just letting you guys know that I've just logged into Steam and it has started downloading a 4.6gb update for the Teaser, so I assume this is the Open Beta. :)

Not sure if it will be playable yet, plus I think the store needs to be set up for us to buy the Get Real mode etc, but I'm downloading the update now!

Yay!

tried to load game get can not connect to server error 12045 and my conn is good everywhere else so guess still in activating things stage would have thought this would be better streamlined.

Loads fine for me, i hope it has been officially released as i have now uploaded videos since i found it loaded up earlier? Would not load earlier today and did tonight so presumed it had released

I finished downloading and the game is running fine. DLC is done from within the game which is nice - i don't think the cars and tracks are going to apear as items in the Steam store, although i think we still use our Steam accounts to pay for the DLC.

Nice touch that they gave the Get Real mode free to everyone who registers in the first two weeks, and also the Apex Hunt mode.

However I can't seem to race the AI - is this feature (a single player race) supposed to selectable? It's just I can't select it in my game. :(

Apart from that everything seems good - car feels much better than the teaser now that I can turn the aids turned off, but I have to go to bed! :sleep:

Good luck to everyone trying it in the mean time.

Good lord the GUI is one of the worst I have experienced in a game, just awful. Graphics on track look excellent though, very impressed.

Haven't driven properly yet because the steering is extremely slow on my G27 without the profiler on. Im guessing 540 on the profiler should fix that but the teaser worked fine without it.

Good lord the GUI is one of the worst I have experienced in a game, just awful. Graphics on track look excellent though, very impressed.

Haven't driven properly yet because the steering is extremely slow on my G27 without the profiler on. Im guessing 540 on the profiler should fix that but the teaser worked fine without it.
You can change the wheel lock in the wheel settings.

Actually while trying to find the problem, I have another question. Are you sure you are not trying to start the RaceRoom Racing Experience WIP application in your library, the one we used in closed beta?

The open beta is accessible on the public Steam application : http://store.steampowered.com/app/211500/

(Nevermind the store page, it will be updated with proper information later today.)

Downloaded and working..:thumbsup:
You are given the error 12045 if you try and launch the WIP version..
hit it by mistake ...
i was going to delete it, but forgot what i was doing and pressed play...
so i then uninstalled it, and downloaded the open beta

Sorry to be annoying but can someone confirm that we can't currently take part in races? I'm worried there is something wrong with my game as the option is not selectable.

I don't really want to buy any DLC if I can't actually race other cars on it yet.

No you can't for now, only training sessions with AI.

Thank you for the reply. I hope this mode is a priority for SimBin as I think a lot of people will want it.

The sim feels very nice to drive so far and it looks particularly good in the replays - really nice to watch. The interface is taking some getting used to, hard to find the settings etc, but that should get easier with time.

Once the ability to race AI is added I will definitely be buying all DLC tracks. Cars are more tricky for me as i'm mainly an open-wheel fan. I hope we get some of these in the future - the FBMW, F-Masters and F3000 were all great to drive in GTR Evo, so I know you guys can do it! :)

So, if I buy stuff now, I am assuming these will carry on to when the game goes gold and live right? I mean, yeah, obvious, I know, but you gotta ask :redface:

Cause I'm kind of a bit cautious to buy dlc now at a beta stage. It's not like, for example, rF2, you buy the game and that is it, this has DLCs...if you know what I mean :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back