Opel Commodore GS @ Zolder - Tues Oct 5th 2010

Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
291dea2302.jpg

Servername: RD GTL Racing Club
Class: Race1: Commodore 2800 / Race2: Commodore 3000 (Download Here)
Track: Zolder (Default Track)
Practice: 20 min
Start Time: 19:00 GMT
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 2 x 13 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins included with mod only.

After the server / forum instability, we are currently running a real basic forum build.

As I understand it, the mods and customisations (of which the "Thanks" button is one) are getting added slowly as we make sure that we keep the stability we're regaining after the big overhaul this last weekend.

Great racing tonight.
Started from the back in both races, made it to the front in both, only to take myself out and drop down again.
I did enjoy both cars and the Zolder combo.

Grats to Stu on the double, and to the other podium finishers.

Thanks to Carlos, RD and all my fellow competitors.

Mine wasn't a great debut...

Missing the post on forum, late on server (damned work...),
a misunderstand about laps on qualy, and a contact with Bømer(?) on race
(i've waiting on track for your rejoin and return the position).

Please excuse me all for my fault caused by a sequence of bad lucks.
I'm a gentleman driver, and i hope to demonstrate it on next races :)

However a very funny race, this evening. :cool:

Not my cup of thee ,can't get the feeling fore these cars,(don't like Opels in real life to) an Zolder never did a good race there.

But in Fun factor I had some good time's with Jack on the back of the field, passing an going off an passing again,So still having fun tonight!

Thanks guys

Checking the replay of race 1 it looks like I was a bit of a bad boy :frown: shortly after the start giving Eck a little dump in about turn 2 or 3 (Sorry about that Eck. I didn't wait. During the heat of the action I didn't think that I caused the spin but the replay says I did. Hard way to treat a person who helped you with a setup) and for squeezing poor Phillip on a straight coming into one of the following turns ( did not see you at my left rear side). Confession is good for the soul and to forgive is divine.

Good fun for sure Hans. It's a different ball game when you actual battle with another racer. I quess we both were a little inconsistant at times with each other taking advantage of the situations.

Weeeeeee. Well done to the podium boys and to Stu for a double victory. :cool:
Thanks to Carlos for the event and cheers to fellow racers.

Not my cup of thee ,can't get the feeling fore these cars,(don't like Opels in real life to) an Zolder never did a good race there.

Thanks guys

I agree on the Opel today, i dont like them at all. The old style Opeles was in Norway considering as a good ( a littel luxes) to have.
What i like most with the GTlegends are the cars from my childhudd, which i was not able to drive.

The race was a replay off the Alfa races. To much spinns ..... ARG.

In race 1 i did a track cut during Q and started last. On start i took it slow and many drivers had same moments off spinning out with and without help.
After many laps i was in the back i had climed to third place. Felt like a king when it wa just a few sec up to Nr 1.
Cant remember who i was, leader spins into turn 1. I spot this and thried to take avantage off this. Going into T1 the normal pace.
when i then had to steer away from the car, to avoid an accident. The backend step out and i did the spin. Only angree on my self.
If i only had waited a littel longer and then got on the trottel.
from that momemt all my air had gone out and drove back to finish line in 4 place.

Race 2
the car was harder to drive, had to change my brakepoints a littel before then in the 2800.
Again a great race uptil i make a mistake.
Nr 1 , nr 2 and nr 3 (me) are close and leaders do a mistake going into the rigth turn close to end off lap. I do another mistake.
looking off an overtakeing move i manage to get the car in first gear and not second. I make a spin again.
Ok from me to the CG, nice when you take the blame. i felt that it was your fault too.

Again a nice race and if i can stop spin in the races, this can be fun.

eb

Checking the replay of race 1 it looks like I was a bit of a bad boy :frown: shortly after the start giving Eck a little dump in about turn 2 or 3 (Sorry about that Eck. I didn't wait. During the heat of the action I didn't think that I caused the spin but the replay says I did. Hard way to treat a person who helped you with a setup) and for squeezing poor Phillip on a straight coming into one of the following turns ( did not see you at my left rear side). Confession is good for the soul and to forgive is divine.

Hey no worries Jack:wink:. As I started to get alongside I did think you might not of seen me and I started to back out, but not early enough. No harm done though and I didn't think anything of it, but thanks for the apology :).

I had some issues getting my game registered after it wouldn't accept my login. Only managed to join right b4 Qualifying, but fortunately I'd done some laps earlier in the day. I cut a corner on my flying lap and didn't want to do another as I wasn't sure if it would have registered the lap or not, so didn't set a time.

Got a good getaway in Race 1 and took care in T1 & T2. Unfortunately I was faced by 2 cars coming together and I collected the front end of one. Towards the end of lap 1 I gave someone a nudge and turned them around (sorry). I waited for them to go back past and got on my way. Had a few good solid laps and I was closing on the cars ahead and though I might be on for a good race until I lost it in the first chicane and damaged my steering. Then just kept making silly mistakes and getting more frustrated.

Thought start a fresh for race 2, but hadn't realised we'd do practice again and had to withdraw to get to work on time :(. If we had gone straight to a 10min Qual I probably would of had time, but nevermind.

Thanks for the help with my GTL/Win7 issues at the weekend and thanks for setting this all up Carlos & RD.

Hopefully I'll get another crack at GTL online soon :good:.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back