Opel 1900 GT / Opel Kadett @ Castle Combe Chicane - Tuesday Aug 10th 2010

Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
flyergtc76.jpg

Servername: RD GTL Racing Club
Class: Race1: Opel 1900 GT / Race2: Opel Kadett (Both versions of the Kadett may be used)
Track: Castle Combe Chicane
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 2 x 22 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins included with mods only.

My Setups:

Attachments

• CD1900GT.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 243
  • CDKadett.svm
    2.4 KB · Views: 247
Entry List

1. Carlos Diaz
  2. Bob Hutchins
  3. Jack Smith
  4. Senad Subasic
  5. Stuart Thomson
  6. Steven Palmer
  7. Eck Simpson
  8. Tim Ling
  9. Amir Margalit
  10. Dariusz Swiderski
  11. Hans Sneep
  12. Bob Miley
  13. Kris Leeten
  14. Ralf Eiden
  15. Péter Bártfai
  16. Knut Omdal Tveito
  17. Avi El
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Ross McGregor

I didn't find much of a difference either (if any), but because it's a single make race, I wanted to make sure we are all in exactly the same car.

I don't know if the guys would mind choosing the one they like best and using both models even though the specs are a little different.

What do you all think? We go ahead and use them both? It's fine with me if it's ok with you.

From my recollection, last time we used the Kadett at three different tracks, both car types were represented, and the results were pretty evenly spread. That seemed to indicate that they were pretty much equal to me, so I can't see a problem in allowing both.

Stick me down as a maybe please, i normally can't make tuesdays but the way things have been going the past few weeks i might make it. This track is also really enjoyable and i'm desperate for some GTL action again!

Well, seeing no evidence of opposition to the use of both models of the Kadett...

All of the Kadetts are free to use, try them both out and see which one fits you best: there is a slightly heavier one with a lower revving motor and a lighter one with a higher revving motor. Both put out the same HP and I believe have the very same suspension adjustability.

Also, please make sure that you are not using the version of the 1900 that is hosted on the Bude. As that
version of the mod has the same issue the 935 has: that car is only available for choosing while in multiplayer, not in offline mode.

It seems that the Bude has updated and modded their GTL game to have restructured car classes. At the same time it looks as if they are updating some of the mods to reflect the newly created car classes. The changes made in the mod's "CAR" files prevent people using the original, un-modded version of GTL from using the cars in offline mode.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back