Online performance issues

Hi,

I wanted to ask you about a problem that I have with Assetto that is bothering me, to see if you can help me. I have changed the monitor and the graphics. I used to play smooth 1080p and 60hz with no issues on a gtx 1050ti. Now I have changed 2k 144hz monitor... and to an rtx 3080 ultra card. Well, since the change, only on servers (online). I lack performance with micro stops, it does not go smoothly as if it lacked graphics. General shattering issues when it shouldn't. Playing alone it doesn't happen, it's perfect at 2k 144hz with everything in ultra and the full grid. Tell you what happens to me on any server. I don't know if going to 144hz requires a better internet connection or requires some additional configuration... I really don't know. I've tried almost everything except uninstalling the game.
I would appreciate any help, thanks.

Ryzen 58X3D will solve your issues. Other thing that hugely affect performance is wrong RAM settings. If you don't have XMP/DOCP (Asus name) enabled, your memory is not working as it should.

Hello, thanks for the answers.

I have 32gb of crucial ddr4 ram at 2666. They are the ones I have had for a few years and they have not given me any problems. Anyway, I'm going to check what you tell me from the bios. My motherboard is an asus, thanks.

The processor is an i7 7700.

Also tell you, that it only happens to me in assetto. In rf2, ams 2 and acc the online and fluid is perfect.

Last edited:
Hi,

I was trying to lower the hz to 60 and it goes perfectly without cuts and fluid online. I suppose it must be a problem with the internet connection that needs more bandwidth, less latency... The connection I have is very good. Download and upload I have about 50 mbps. Then try at 144hz playing only the same settings and it works perfectly. I'm going to place an ethernet cable and I'll tell you.

Thanks. for all, regards

Hi,

I was trying to lower the hz to 60 and it goes perfectly without cuts and fluid online. I suppose it must be a problem with the internet connection that needs more bandwidth, less latency... The connection I have is very good. Download and upload I have about 50 mbps. Then try at 144hz playing only the same settings and it works perfectly. I'm going to place an ethernet cable and I'll tell you.

Thanks. for all, regards
I honestly dont think a better ethernet cable will help and I think lowering your frame rate to 60 is only masking the problem. 50mbps is more than enough to run the game online with others.

Ive had similar problems before and I would have to delete the Assetto folder in Documents and redo all my settings.

ACC is very hard on the CPU. Physics engine and graphics engine are "separated". If you look at your common First Person Shooter, it's designed to push FPS as high as possible. While you race in ACC, Physics engine has the priority and when it's done, Graphics engine draw a frame. And because it's not optimized for FPS, there's a "special" bottleneck in ACC, not comparable to most other games. Maybe Civilization can be a comparison.

I honestly dont think a better ethernet cable will help and I think lowering your frame rate to 60 is only masking the problem. 50mbps is more than enough to run the game online with others.

Ive had similar problems before and I would have to delete the Assetto folder in Documents and redo all my settings.
Thanks for the contribution and good information. I'm going to try deleting the assetto folder.

Hi,

I tried a new assetto folder in documents and set everything up again. Still still having the same problem. I already left it aside and I have to uninstall and install everything. I'll try it in the next few weeks and I'll tell you.

hey, I solved it in the meantime!
Did a "repair local files" in steam and deleted unused apps from the phyton folder in program files (don't know the exact path right now, but you'll find it). Works like a charm now! hopfully this will help you too. BR

AC is one of the very few games that provide a tool to see exactly what's happening performance wise with cpu und gpu.
If you're using CSP, enable the GUI extension.
Then go on track, online in your case, and open the csp render stats app in the right side app bar.

This will list you everything! Apps, physics, details, post processing, everything.

I'm pretty sure that there will be a difference between online and offline in your case.

AC is one of the very few games that provide a tool to see exactly what's happening performance wise with cpu und gpu.
If you're using CSP, enable the GUI extension.
Then go on track, online in your case, and open the csp render stats app in the right side app bar.

This will list you everything! Apps, physics, details, post processing, everything.

I'm pretty sure that there will be a difference between online and offline in your case.
Thanks for the reply

Hi,

After checking the CSP measurements. Indeed, I have a high cpu consumption in online mode compared to offline mode. The consumption values are similar (cpu/gpu) in offline mode. However, in online mode the cpu will shoot up. Thing is that it logs an increase but maybe not so much. When the gpu is working at 75% or 80& the cpu is at 125% or more. I have all the apps activated that we need for our championship. Ptracker, realpenalty, shaderspatch + sol. This last "sol" is one of the most cpu consuming according to CSP.
I think the problem comes in online mode due to the high consumption of cpu at 144hz. If you know of some settings that you have for the app's that I mention. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Another high cpu consumption comes when I activate vsync. If I don't have it active, consumption drops a lot. But it doesn't go smoothly and that's why I activate it.

Hi,

Sorry, I've been away and I haven't had time.
I wanted to revisit the topic because I still have the problem. Even without any active application of the ones mentioned in the previous post, it is solved. It seems that it is going a little better online but I still have shuttering. I have gone down to 120hz and it seems to do less. But it still has those annoying micro-stops and the simulator goes jerky.

I would appreciate any help.

Thank.

Last edited:
We need Screenshots from the csp render stats app in a session where the issue happens.

Otherwise it's just random guesswork, sorry.

Or even better:
Screenshots from all your settings, your nvidia 3D game settings (general and for AC) and a video of the csp render stats app (Handy camera is fine. Hold down your touch focus (long press on the display) to fixate the focus and then move the phone 3cm towards the monitor to get rid of the "striping" that happens when recording monitors.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.