Once a race is done, is there anyway to exit without using a mouse?

Once the race is done and it shows you results, is there any way to just use the keyboard to just hit enter to continue? Why do I have to go fishing for my mouse on the floor to select continue and go back to the main menu? Huge oversight by Kunos.

I have a mini keyboard and would love to just hit enter.

thanks

Hire a butler?

2016-05-04-1462388973-5437742-MonkeyButler.jpg

I watched your simulator video and I think is no big deal to either get off the chair when you're finished playing or get a bigger mini table where you can fit the keyboard and mouse to operate your pc while sitting in the sim rig chair.
Having to do all actions just with a keyboard is troublesome, not just related to games, but using Windows. So the best "workaround" is to really make room to use the mouse along with the keyboard.

The menu is made for mouse control, with some exceptions where actions are bind to keyboard. But main menu and game menu interactions were designed with mouse control in mind and not with keyboard, gamepad, or wheel control.

Because AC is not every racing game and the menu was designed many years ago when AC was just meant to be played by a small, not very diverse, audience. Don't want to sound rude, but your inconveniences of not being able to reach the mouse are in the minority.

Redesigning the entire menu system for total control with other devices is a big project for little or no return at this point.

A complete redesign? Just to get the arrow keys (or dpad on many wheels) to navigate the 'pause' screen? Nobody is asking for a UI overhaul. We just want the arrow keys/dpad to work on the pause screen so we can easily exit, restart session, back to pits, skip session, or replay without fumbling with the VERY cumbersome and annoying mouse.

@MAYAman is not in the minority here. Every friend that comes over to try Assetto quickly asks the same damn question- "why can't I use the d-pad to restart?"

Just the pause menu, guys. Up, Down, and "a" button for Enter (left click) is all thats needed.

Also thanks to @Brandon Wright for trying to get the good folks at kunos to see this problem, as many players find it a legitimate hindrance to the awesome experience that is Assetto Corsa.

:tup:

A complete redesign? Just to get the arrow keys (or dpad on many wheels) to navigate the 'pause' screen? Nobody is asking for a UI overhaul. We just want the arrow keys/dpad to work on the pause screen so we can easily exit, restart session, back to pits, skip session, or replay without fumbling with the VERY cumbersome and annoying mouse.
Maybe is easier to do the ESC menu options with arrows+enter than doing the whole menu system. But then after you restart the session or return to pits there is a left side bar which requires you to click with the mouse before being in control of the car. Unless they can as well make that vertical bar options be scrolled with arrows+enter.

I must say (as an AC noob) I am amazed that you can pause the game with Escape but then hitting Escape again doesn't resume - you have no option but to use the mouse.
Catches me out every time, since I am currently switching between Dirt Rally and AC (and DR works in the intuitive way).
I entirely agree that you don't need to be a special customer to want basic keyboard or other navigation to work in menus instead of using the mouse.

I watched your simulator video and I think is no big deal to either get off the chair when you're finished playing or get a bigger mini table where you can fit the keyboard and mouse to operate your pc while sitting in the sim rig chair.
Having to do all actions just with a keyboard is troublesome, not just related to games, but using Windows. So the best "workaround" is to really make room to use the mouse along with the keyboard.

The issue is that from inside the cockpit I can't see the menus.

@MAYAman is not in the minority here. Every friend that comes over to try Assetto quickly asks the same damn question- "why can't I use the d-pad to restart?"

Just the pause menu, guys. Up, Down, and "a" button for Enter (left click) is all thats needed.

Also thanks to @Brandon Wright for trying to get the good folks at kunos to see this problem, as many players find it a legitimate hindrance to the awesome experience that is Assetto Corsa.

:tup:

Thank you for not showing "mob" mentality like most of the internet.

Tip: using JoyToKey you can bind a key on your steering wheel to move your mouse to a position and click with the left mouse button (see "Mouse 2" tab in JoyToKey's button assignment). I'm using it to click on the steering wheel icon in AC (start race), and to click on the X icon when the race is finished (back to the menu). Saves me to grab the mouse while wearing the Rift. Some use AutoHotKey for this, but JoyToKey is much easier.
To see if you get the right coordinates, first try it without enabling left click in JoyToKey: you can see where the yellow dot lands when you click the button. If the coordinate is correct, then enable left click.

Tip: using JoyToKey you can bind a key on your steering wheel to move your mouse to a position and click with the left mouse button (see "Mouse 2" tab in JoyToKey's button assignment). I'm using it to click on the steering wheel icon in AC (start race), and to click on the X icon when the race is finished (back to the menu). Saves me to grab the mouse while wearing the Rift. Some use AutoHotKey for this, but JoyToKey is much easier.
To see if you get the right coordinates, first try it without enabling left click in JoyToKey: you can see where the yellow dot lands when you click the button. If the coordinate is correct, then enable left click.
Do you use a T300? I was trying to map this mouse coordinates to my T300 button 3 or 5 (per properties) but assignining the same button 3 or 5 in J2k don't seem to work (mouse doesnt move). Are button numbers different?

Do you use a T300? I was trying to map this mouse coordinates to my T300 button 3 or 5 (per properties) but assignining the same button 3 or 5 in J2k don't seem to work (mouse doesnt move). Are button numbers different?
Yes, I have a T300. When you press a button on the wheel it lights up yellow in JoyToKey. Maybe you have to scroll down a bit to see which button it is.

Top tip thanks!

I was finding it a pain in practice and qualy sessions having to use the mouse to return to the pits. If I had a spin for example I'd be sat there on track in the way while I fumbled around getting to the "back to pits" menu option.
Using JoyToKey, I've now mapped the sequential shifter on my old G25 shifter so pushing it up is "Esc" and pulling it back down clicks on the "back to pits" menu option. Not sure if there was another way to do this, but either way it's solved the problem :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back