oled monitors coming

• Deleted member 197115

800R maximum curvature, that is more than G9 1000R, probably a bit too extreme unless you sit too far away. Just not sure why would anyone use this monitor flat, the whole adjustable curvature looks more like a gimmick.
Still at 45" it's a bit small when G9 is already 49".
OLED is nice nonetheless, why almost a decade old already pretty cheap TV technology making such a slow and expensive way into PC monitors only now?

800R maximum curvature, that is more than G9 1000R, probably a bit too extreme unless you sit too far away. Just not sure why would anyone use this monitor flat, the whole adjustable curvature looks more like a gimmick.
Still at 45" it's a bit small when G9 is already 49".
OLED is nice nonetheless, why almost a decade old already pretty cheap TV technology making such a slow and expensive way into PC monitors only now?
Good question about why it's making its way so slowly.. No idea.

About flat: I guess it's only for work/gaming hybrid users where you need straight lines. Architecture, Illustrator, some Photoshop or video editing.
Or when you are someone who likes to put a word document to one side and something else to the other side and then roll around from left to right and use it like 2x 4:3 monitors :roflmao:

Or when you have a lot of space behind your chair and you like to use it from 3-4m distance.

One case where flat is nicer: when you don't have a height adjustable desk but you like to stand up from time to time and tilt the monitor backwards while looking down.
I know, not that ergonomical for the neck...
But in this case a curved screen is really really weird....

I tried this a few times. Having 4 pages of different documents open on the monitor while doing a task handwriting on my tablet.

I personally would always choose a curved monitor though. Sitting normally in front of a flat 21:9 isn't great. It actually looks like it would be bent inverted compared to normal curved screens for me.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back