Old Skin Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may only have one skin in the pack and if you include any of the elements in the following list, they must be the given size or your skin will be rejected:

Code:
Body         1366 Kb
Int Driver    683 Kb
Windows Int   513 Kb
Windows Ext   342 Kb
Helmet        171 Kb
Ext Driver     43 Kb

Are you sure it isn't the "windows int" size that do 683kb (instead of 513kb). Because all "windows int" for my Project D skinpack do 683kb (standard resolution 1024*512) and i don't know how i can reduce them! (Compression setting in Nvidia dds compressor is at Highest).

Here is my trusty rusty mini skin again...

http://www.riches.nl/race07/Mini_RD_Riches.rar

mini1.jpg

G'day all,

For the past few days I've been trying unsuccessfully to remove the banners from the windscreen of various cars (SRT10, GTSR, Honda accord, basically anything!).

How the heck do you do it? I managed to give the windscreen an odd tinge, or turn the banner white or black (no idea how, was just a fluke :p ) but no luck actually getting rid of it. On the SRT10 I deleted the "banner" layers from the PSD files before saving them as DDS, but in game the banner is still there (though it has no text now).

Anyone know how to do it? :(

Thanks!
Wolf

• Andrew Evans

Are you sure it isn't the "windows int" size that do 683kb (instead of 513kb). Because all "windows int" for my Project D skinpack do 683kb (standard resolution 1024*512) and i don't know how i can reduce them! (Compression setting in Nvidia dds compressor is at Highest).

yep, i'm sure.... i built them myself... checked with other skinners.... and all the minis in the current pack have file sizes that adhere to those numbers.... :cow:

I know that you don't know me,but i have to say that i am really happy to meet you Jarrod. :D I was looking at the garages of everybody and i was really surprised about your garage.....it is the best man.....i have no words....NO COMMENT :D .......You are the best. In 4 words: I LOVE YOUR SKINS.:in-love::love2:
I see at the first post that i can request for skin. :D I was wondering if you could make a skin for a BMW M3.I will participate at Super Enduro 4th Edition Event and just want a skin for my car. :D ,but sure,only if you want and if you have time for me.I will wait for a respons if you could or not. :p

Cheers!!!

ok i have found the problem. On the Nvidia dds compressor you have an option "generate all mip map", and i have uncheked this one to check "generate no mip map", and now my file size is 513kb. Can i keep this option for the chassis .dds and all other parts?

• Ariff Roose

One MORE QUESTION!!
How do we make the customskins that we have made into online??
:cloudy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 134 85.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 16.7%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 12.2%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 48 30.8%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 55 35.3%