(OLD)Season14 Race1 MELBOURNE Incidents Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
After this i made this stupid maneuver reversing back to the track:redface:

In the heat of the moment i was trying to solve the situation fast,
i steered to the left limit ... pressed the gas pedal ... but i think much,
so the car went straight backward ... on the track :poop:
I thought i can reverse on the green ...

I`m really sry for that :(

Martin

Apology accepted Martin:)

Jim

My apologies to David O'Reilly, it was my fault entirely, I forgot my braking point when checking him in my mirrors. I really wanted to let him pass, unless he made a serious mistake on braking on this turn, and will have brake ~10m earlier than usual for that, but when I check in front of me the 100m panel was already gone and I slammed (too late) my brakes. However I thought that I let him enough place to avoid contact, but apparently not since we made contact (never felt it btw).

I didn't review the replay after the race since I was convinced there was no contact, and because I was very angry for all the technical issue and the so long waiting periods that completely destroyed my concentration after a hard work day. I would have checked the replay (and apologized) sooner if only I had checked the name of the guy who tried to pass me and the one I saw in trouble in my mirrors shortly after my runby in the gravels.

Again I'm very sorry for that David, I hope to be much better next time.
Apology accepted Nicolas,
look forwards to racing with you at Melb V2.

we are only going through these so as the newer members know how we work and deal with incidents.

pointing to the David and Nic incident as an example, thats exactly how we want to deal with incidents, someone posts a video and good explanation the other sees his mistake and is unlikely to repeat it and we all move on still the best of buddies and no hard feelings as you are sure the other guy never set out to cause an incident, thanks for both showing a great example of what we are looking for :thumbsup:

Small touch due to my fault in 1st corner of sector2 with Peter Decker! Sorry for that...
Then a lag of my pc makes me loose several positions and come back in 12th place. I was at the back of April, and She slided in t4 of lap2 i think, and didn't expect him to control the car like that and bim :( Sorry mate ;( couldn't avoid you, hope it didn't ruinned the rest of your race...

Last edited:
Small touch due to my fault in 1st corner of sector2 with Peter Decker! Sorry for that...
Then a lag of my pc makes me loose several positions and come back in 12th place. I was at the back of April, and he slided in t4 of lap2 i think, and didn't expect him to control the car like that and bim :( Sorry mate ;( couldn't avoid you, hope it didn't ruinned the rest of your race...
For your information Geoffrey, April is a "she" not a "he" hehe :p

Feel I have to type something

The second practice start, the start line pile up was entirely my fault, Sean was fast asleep and didn't move:sleep:, I turned the wheel to go around him and misjudged it totally, I put it down to lack of starts with this platform/car, I just fell back to R07 instinctive reactions and this car didn't respond in the same way

Live and learn:(

Jim

Firstly thank you to the organisers for trying your best :thumbsup:

It's a shame that it looks like we are abandoning melbourn as I think that it would have been the best race for me as it's the place I feel able to attack to my best.
Regarding the problems I was just wondering could it be due to the amount or skipping sessions for the practice starts as in could it be rfactor be creating tiny errors for itself or something? Cause it seams we have problems after the practice starts and after quali. Just a thought.
The only reason I think this is in all the other events that I have entered prestogp is the only one that does the practice starts and they don't have problems. I'm no expert on how to run servers (as I have no experience at all) but it's one of the only things that I can think of.

good thinking Richard, it is deffo something to try, I have noticed too that first time everything was fine until the session skips, it sort of looked like that again last night, lets try it.

If it turns out this is the problem then I don't think we can do without practise starts in Presto so I will think of a way we can still use them, maybe a purely practise start server on race night, we join it first, do our 15 mins then move to the race server, will sort something out if we find this is the problem though :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back