Old rFactor Articles (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
F1Season2flyerv640.jpg
Welcome to the new Formula Pro Championship at RaceDepartment.com.

After weeks of speculations, the news is finally out. RaceDepartment and PrestoGP partnered to create a new fantastic Formula One league for all its members. The newly created series will feature a World and an European Championships regulated respectively by Racedepartment and PrestoGP. Both leagues will follow the basic same structure. Most importantly all will race the Mak-Corp (MMG) F1 2007 cars for Simbin Race series (GTR-Evo).

[PRBREAK][/PRBREAK]
In addition, we are pleased to announce some fantastic prizes for the top 3 of the Pro World Series division as well a nifty cash prize for the winning team.

List of all prizes:
FPWS: Drivers' Championship
• 1st place driver: Logitech G27* racing wheel or an Intel i7 920 processor (winner's pick)
• 2nd place driver: Logitech G35* headset
• 3rd place driver: Logitech Gaming Headset G330*

FPWS: Teams' Championship
$100 (US dollars) cash prize to the winning team (paid to the team owner)

Join us for the fun!!

For all league details visit -> link

League forum -> link

FormulaProWorldM&#101.jpgInterview with Ventis Didrihsons, FPWS Pro Division winner at Albert Park in Melbourne, Australia

Jean-Michel Rucheton: Congratulations Ventis for you first win of the season!
With two solid 2nd place performances in Brasil and Bahrain, you were already tied for first at the top of the rankings before Melbourne. However, unlike last season where you dominated almost right from the start by combining top pace and consistency, things have not been easy so far this year. Your direct challengers have been leading the charge in the first couple of races, showing impressive form and even gaining the upper hand on you. In Melbourne, you had to answer the call and you did, in the most convincing manner, leading the whole race and leaving Bahrain's winner, Jamie Blewitt, over 50 seconds behind. Were you confident before the race you would eventually be able to turn things around and regain the momentum? Or do you feel nevertheless a bit of relief that things went so well considering all the pressure that had built up on your shoulders?

Ventis Didrihsons: Thank you Jean-Michel, I'm really happy with this victory.
Yes indeed, I wasn’t able to win the race this season before Melbourne, but on other hand I was able to fight for the win, so the pace and winning potential were always there.
Both Arno and Jamie gave me a clear message – if you want to win a race, then you can’t afford a single mistake and that’s what I managed to avoid at Albert Park.
Yes, I had all reasons to be confident and optimistic before the Melbourne because we were able to prepare a very competitive car and also during the preparation it looked like this track more suits to my driving style, not Arno’s, who was struggling a bit with his tire wear. But I’m realistic - it could be different at Abu-Dhabi :) Will see….

JMR: You had a great fight in lap 1 with your teammate Arno. You had pole but Arno took the better start and got ahead in T1. You jumped right back at him, and were able to pass him back. At one point you were even side by side in a straight before you prevailed. You seemed motivated not to let anyone ahead of you. How important was it for you to have the lead after that first lap? Was it only a good move strategy wise or did you also want to gain the mental edge?

VD: It was a nice battle with Arno. I enjoyed it, however in all three races this season I was losing position at the start so this was a good wake-up call to improve my start for the next races.
When you start from the pole position then obviously your priority Nr1 is to keep the lead, especially on a track like Melbourne and also knowing Arno’s pace and strategy – yes, it was strategy wise to attack immediately. Besides I was on softer tires than Arno which gave me a small advantage and I took my chance.

JMR: Arno's unfortunate DNF has given you a little breather on top of the rankings. Him and Jamie now both have a DNF to drop, leaving them with very little room for error in the remaining races if they want to keep their championship hopes alive. You, on the other hand, have that safety cushion of being allowed one bad race. Is the fact that the pressure is now on your rivals going to affect how hard you push in the upcoming races? Or do you think it's way too early in the season to start calculating, and regardless of the rankings your only focus is to take one race at a time?

VD: Of course season has just started, so it’s too early for any calculations, however I agree the pressure is now on my rivals and that is good :) I can be more relaxed…..well, at least till the next race.

JMR: Three races this season, three different winners... Do you think there is room for more surprises in Abu Dhabi? Jamie Blewitt's win in Bahrain might have set an example for some of the younger wolves out there...

VD: Well, Jamie’s speed actually wasn’t like a very big surprise to me, because last season after Nurburgring GP I already said “he is the guy to be watched this season…..” :)
But yes, the competition is very close also considering wild-card entry option I’m pretty sure we will have some surprises….and not only from younger wolves like Chris, Jere, Teo, Jonathan….I believe drivers like Peter, Reik, Nico haven’t played their trumps yet…

JMR: Thank you very much Ventis for answering these questions! We are all hoping to see more top notch action between you and the other contenders for the title. Good luck in Abu Dhabi!

m1..jpgThe rFactor Racing Club is organising a special event this coming Wednesday, racing BMW M1s @ Nordschleife.

Both the car and track are former MOTY nominees - we will engaging in a 50 minute race in the perfect car for the perfect track.

You can sign up here

FormulaProWorldAb.jpgAbu-Dhabi’s rescheduled race, although on Easter Weekend, has been put to rest. Unfortunately the track has bitten FPWS with a few setbacks as well, especially for the Pro Division which must have been disappointed after all of the practice. As they say, that’s racing and we must move on. Without further adieu, the Pro World Series round four results at Abu-Dhabi are as follows:

FPWS Pro Division
That’s racing folks. Very unfortunate that as all of the cars got to the grid, an unfortunate electromagnetic storm hit as the sun let out some belches of incredible sun spots at lap 32 or so. Unfortunately for all of the FPWS Pro-Division teams, their sensitive electronics were no match in comparison to our sun’s sun spots and the result ended in everyone’s electronics taking a nap. Half points awarded for this race at lap 32 and at that time, Jamie Blewitt was in 1st place, Jonathan Wilson coming in 2nd, followed by Peter Duivelaar to round out the Pro Division podium.

Driver Standings Season FPWS: S3
1. Ventis Didrihsons 68 (-7)
2. Jamie Blewitt 59 (0)
3. Arno Hoog 43 (0)

FPWS Semi-Pro Division
We have a new face on the top spot this week! Ivan Mills of Water Blue Racing 2 handedly brought home the race win a full 43 seconds ahead of our ever consistent Joao Andias. Mattia Gottardi finishes within 14secs of Joao and rounds out the top three. Congratulations podium finishers, your practice and hard work has paid dividends to you and your teams!

Driver Standings Season FPWS: S3
1. Ivo Simons 64 (0)
2. Joao Andias 45 (-5)
3. Kevin Ledoux 44 (0)

Located in the Bavarian city of Nuremberg, the Norisring is 2.3 kilometers long and incorporates two hairpin corners and a long main straight. The track hosts an annual DTM round as well as various support races such as the Porsche Carrera Cup.
Com8 will be working on the 2009 DTM layout including matching billboards and other details, a version with adboards from the 90s might also be included.

Source: Virtual R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play